Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Archives - Specialty Forums  ~  The 11th Annual Blanche Awards

marantzo
Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Just checked and the hotel is now called Monterey Bay. It was being completely renovated when I was there last. I think it was called the Silver Dollar before, right across from the Nugget.
inlareviewer
Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Since this is where it ought to have been posted to start with, a link to this year's Aclademy wrap-up in Lobbyland.

Third Eye Film Forums -- The Lobby: The 82nd Annual Aclademy Awhoreds

And, one more time, what a great Blanche presentation this year. Hearty congratulations to Lorne, Melody and everybody participating. It rocked, and Blanche rules.

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:57 pm Reply with quote
inla--Two comments, no, three.

1) Your wrap-up was the best I've seen on the Oscars, rivaled only by Heather H. on salon.com.

2) I sat in an Oscar party where Mrs. Gummer's gown was dissed. "That plunging neckline just ain't age-appropriate" was the refrain. I happen to disagree heartily.

3) Jeff is not "Lloyd's eldest." That would be Beau, and two more devoted bros I don't think exist in show biz. You agree?
inlareviewer
Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:25 pm Reply with quote
willybeeds, you make me blush, to be set alongside a Salon wag, wow, evidently I've arrived. Teased Mrs. Gummer's gown in my remarks because it seemed in the spirit of the thing, but she looked great, and at any rate, I cannot fathom it being read as age-inappropriate, quite the opposite. Jeff is correspondingly downgraded to Lloyd's Youngest. (He just looked older in the film, tee-hee).