Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Film Forums  ~  The Lobby

carrobin
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I could understand the cigarette excuse better than the breast argument. Hope you're right about Google.
Marj
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Marc - Just curious. Where and how do you obtain the images?
marantzo
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Marj,

Marc wrote: (in response to a comment I made regarding a video he made for another singer.)

Gary,

In this video, I'm using existing film footage (obviously) from Sergei Paradjanov, Andrei Tarkovsky and Harry Smith. I'll go thru hours of film and find images that work with the song and then edit it them to synchronize with the rhythm of the music. I speed things up or slow them down, I cut scenes on the beat, I tint footage, I can even add hair and dust to the film. It's a very slow but satisfying process. I'm not making films, so much as making moving collages (montages).
Marc
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Marj,

I use film footage from many many different sources. I've made over 30 videos now, so you can imagine the amount of footage I sift thru to get bits and pieces that work with my songs.I try to use obscure stuff. That's the challenge.

Here's one I did using footage shot my dear departed friend Stan Brakhage. The film is very simple and the song is too. I recorded the tune using one vocal microphone and one microphone in the center of the studio. Individual instruments were not mic'd. It's not an orthodox way to record, but I wanted a very raw, naked feel. It's a first take.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlcuTzMxKsc
Marc
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Well, the video I linked above has been disabled. It's been on youtbube for months without any problems, but the moment I posted a link to it on Third Eye, someone flagged it and got me busted. I hope this a mere coincidence and not the result of someone here ratting me out. The video had very discreet and artful nudity in it. Am I being paranoid in thinking that one of our members, active or inactive, flagged my video? No problems for 4 or 5 months, but suddenly it gets taken down within a couple of hours of me posting it here. Weird. My gut tells me a Third Eye member who has a problem with me flagged the video.

Quote:
The following video(s) from your account have been disabled for violation of the YouTube Community Guidelines:

* 5 A.M. - (MrMojomc)

Your account has received one Community Guidelines warning strike, which will expire in six months. Additional violations may result in the temporary disabling of your ability to post content to YouTube and/or the termination of your account.
Sincerely,

The YouTube Team

Last edited by Marc on Tue May 11, 2010 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Marc
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Here's the video on Vimeo. You tell me, is this in any way obscene or distasteful?

http://vimeo.com/9694938

And if anyone amongst us, near or far, tries flagging this one, I'll crap down your throat.
mirgun
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:44 pm Reply with quote
I cannot imagine anyone finding this video offensive in any shape
or form, besides the fact that someone has a grudge against Marc.
Unless someone flags it, there’s no way in hell You Tube will yank this particular video off ,with the thousands of videos they get every day.
It tastefully uses Stan Brakhage’s images and is ,in parts, negative .It's beautifully done.This video has been up on Youtube and FB for months and nobody winked an eye, up until now ,when Marc posted it as an example of how he does his videos.
It takes him a long time and a lot of love to do them and we are blessed that he shares them, with all of us. It’s what artists do.
And if it’s someone here who flagged it, it’s really a sad comment on this site.( I really hope it’s not one of us)
Third Eye is about understanding and discussing film,art, music, literature
with an open mind, it’s not a knitting circle.(well, you get the point) This really hurts me, the fact that there’s someone out there who’s so ignorant and small in their way of thinking, being, and must be such a miserable person deep inside. I wish them to get a life and good luck.They need it.
Sorry about my rant and I don't want to jump the gun here, but I just find it an odd coincidence.That's all

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Mirgun

I appreciate your passion. I do hope it wasn't a Third Eye member that flagged the video. But the timing sure is strange. I have emailed youtube to dispute the deletion of my video. They have the IP address of whoever flagged it. If this were a copyright issue, I could challenge it in court.
Marj
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Marc,

First, thanks so much for the explanation. I appreciate it. And I loved the videos as well as your voice. But I've told you that. I think you know that I think you have a wonderful voice.

Mirgun,

We all know there are some crazy people out there. And you have every right to rant and be angry. If it were my man, I'd sure be. Hell, I'd be furious!!!
Marj
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Marc wrote:
Mirgun

I appreciate your passion. I do hope it wasn't a Third Eye member that flagged the video. But the timing sure is strange. I have emailed youtube to dispute the deletion of my video. They have the IP address of whoever flagged it. If this were a copyright issue, I could challenge it in court.

Good!! It time you found out just what is going on.
mirgun
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Thank Marj. i AM furious.. There's nothing about this video that's offensive. I was furious when people, I have never met , we're booted off Facebook for no logical reason. Well, you know..

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12893 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
mirgun wrote:

Third Eye is about understanding and discussing film,art, music, literature
with an open mind, it’s not a knitting circle.

We could start a knitting forum...

I think one of my Facebook friends actually runs one.

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:01 pm Reply with quote
We could start a knitting forum...

I think one of my Facebook friends actually runs one.

Ha.. and a real life friend of mine runs one also.. he's a huge guy, a straight man with tattoos etc..knits on the subway etc.. it's fun watching the reactions of people..

Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:39 am Reply with quote
It would be really weird if someone here flagged it, especially at this point (I don't think there are any prudes among us anymore, or anyone who'd do it just to fuck with Marc). Is there any way to find out?

-Topher
Marj
Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:51 am Reply with quote
Joe,

Read up about three posts. If Marc complains to YouTube, they can find the IP address. But I agree with you. I doubt it's anyone here on 3rd Eye. I think it's some nut who has it in for Marc.

Mirgun,

You bet I know!