<  Third Eye Film Forums  ~  The Lobby

Syd
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12889 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Meanwhile:
http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/091207-spaceshiptwo-debut-preview.html

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Carrobin,

you're right. The most anger I have felt toward a woman is when I had lost control of her. This was when I was in my early 20s. I was in my first "serious" relationship. She was drifting away from me. The more detached she became, the angrier I became. I had become so accustomed to her being submissive in the relationship that when she started to make it clear that she didn't need me I freaked. It was my first encounter with the dark side of maleness. Up until then, I thought I was one groovy open-minded hippie. It was a rude awakening. I immediately set out to understand and fix the problem. 30 years later, I'm still working on it. But, I have made a lot of progress. These power issues between women and men are the end result of centuries of conditioning. It's in our genes. We ain't going to fix it overnight. What excites me is the fact that in the past 50 years we have started to talk about it and deal with it. The idea that anyone today should "know their place" is totally unacceptable. As a white heterosexual male, I've had to brace myself against centuries of pent up anger coming from women, Blacks and gays. It's a problem I didn't start, but is one that I am dedicated to help solving.

Last edited by Marc on Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Marc
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm off to the gym. Got to look good for my lady. She has a certain power over me. I'm comfortable with it.
yambu
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Marc wrote:
25,000 words of my memoir, "44 WOMEN", have been written. (This is viewable on my blog). I write explicitly of my sexual experiences when I was in my 20's and 30's......
The only person who knows anything about my pre-marital sex is my wife. Nor am I interested in reading or knowing about anyone else's sexual experiences. Different strokes.

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The only person who knows anything about my pre-marital sex is my wife. Nor am I interested in reading or knowing about anyone else's sexual experiences. Different strokes.

So I take it you've never read Henry Miller, Charles Bukowski, Allen Ginsberg,
Anais Nin, D.H. Lawrence, Phillip Roth, Diane Di Prima, Marco Vassi, Frank Miller...
Marc
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:33 pm Reply with quote
As a young boy raised in the oppressive atmosphere of Catholic school, discovering D.H. Lawrence and Henry Miller was hugely liberating. Not only were their erotic writings fascinating, they were instructional. The cloak of guilt was lifted from my shoulders. Reading Anais Nin gave me insight to the sexual feelings of women and brought me closer to the feminine in myself. I know that Nin had a hugely liberating effect on many young women who thought their sexual feelings were aberrant. Ah, it's okay for girls to wanna fuck.

If you're going to write about your life how can you not write about one of the three most important things in life: sex. The other two, for me, are art and spirituality.

One of the chapter headings in my book, "Buried in Mounds of Venus", sums up the story of my life. I'm a prisoner of love.

And if anyone is wondering why I've spent so much time discussing this topic, it's my way of working on my book indirectly. If nothing else, Third Eye is a place for me to work on my writing skills. And that's true of Facebook as well.
The social aspects of the internet aren't as interesting to me as working the old intellectual muscles, keeping my chops honed and learning how to punctuate.

Last edited by Marc on Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Marc
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Different strokes.

appropriate considering we're talking about sex.
Marc
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Where's that horny bastard Gary at? I needed some backup here.
Joe Vitus
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Marc wrote:
Quote:
Different strokes.

appropriate considering we're talking about sex.

That's a good one.

-Topher
Marc
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Joe,

it was yambu's way of discussing his sex life discreetly.
Marc
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:48 pm Reply with quote
edit
Syd
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12889 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
yambu wrote:
Marc wrote:
25,000 words of my memoir, "44 WOMEN", have been written. (This is viewable on my blog). I write explicitly of my sexual experiences when I was in my 20's and 30's......

From which I conclude either your wife has been your only sexual partner or your previous sexual partners are all dead or amnesiac and never confided in another person (or that other person is also dead or amnesiac).

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Syd,

I just spewed my carrot juice on my laptop screen.
yambu
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Marc wrote:
So I take it you've never read Henry Miller, Charles Bukowski, Allen Ginsberg, Anais Nin, D.H. Lawrence, Phillip Roth, Diane Di Prima, Marco Vassi, Frank Miller...
I've read and admired most of the above. One of the most exquisite soliloquieys in our language is Molly Bloom's masturbatory fantasy at the end of ULysses. Of course I wasn't including serious literature.

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Marc wrote:
Syd,

I just spewed my carrot juice on my laptop screen.
Yes, that's pretty good, the fucker.