Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Film Forums  ~  The Lobby

jeremy
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 6794 Location: Derby, England and Hamilton, New Zealand (yes they are about 12,000 miles apart)
She seems quite popular, especially with teenage boys. My search for "emma watson" pictures, produced 2.6m hits.

I know beauty and I know a good thing when I see it.
lady wakasa
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 5911 Location: Beyond the Blue Horizon
I wouldn't wear that dress either, but the problem may be that it's not really suited to Emma. Or maybe she needs more / different accessories. Or something.

How disappointing!

Both my father's parents were British subjects who immigrated to NYC; his mother, in order to prove that she had a trade, sewed three flapper dresses, beads and all (this was around 1923). They're up in my parents' attic, and I actually wore one once to a dinner in college and took all three to Antiques Roadshow.

That's more what I was expecting to see. %^{
Marilyn
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 May 2004 Posts: 8210 Location: Skokie (not a bad movie, btw)
What did the Roadshow say, appraisal-wise?

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Around $400 for the three. Could've been worse.

That was the day that everything my friend, her sister, and I brought was deemed more or less valueless. (Even the original Monopoly set was too available to be worth much.) The dresses were the most valuable things of the lot.

But my friend went to the same college as one of the Keno twins, so we had an excellent conversation with them. They were really nice.
Marilyn
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:52 pm Reply with quote
They are very yummy!

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Are Emma Watson and Emily Watson two different people? I saw Emily Watson in Separate Lies and thought she was a doll. And classy.
Marilyn
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Emma Watson is the girl in the Harry Potter movies. Emily Watson is at least twice her age, appeared in Breaking the Waves and Punch Drunk Love.

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Oh, she was in Punch Drunk Love. I really liked her in that. Had no idea it was her. She looks different than she does in Separate Lies. I guess I like all her looks.
jeremy
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 6794 Location: Derby, England and Hamilton, New Zealand (yes they are about 12,000 miles apart)
I've a confession to make, intrigued to find 2.6m sites hosting pictures of her, I have justspent the last half an hour touring the world of Emma Watson.

Linkable pictures are hard to come by. All those on her official website are locked up tighter than...well think of your own inappropriate simile. I've found that www.pottermania.jp is good as it gets for all your Emma Watson resources, though I don't think I would agree with Ayano of Osaka who thinks, "Emma is, poosibly the most beautiful actress there is." Nonethelss, as can be seen in this recent pic from Teen Vogue, she scrubs up fairly well.

http://www.pottermania.jp/Photos/Articles/2005/TeenVogueNov_3.jpg

Though personally, I think, willowy teenager that she is, the grungy look, she's sported in the recent films doesn't do her any harm.

Some blogs demonstrated a penchant for Emma in uniform.

I'll spare you those anime sites that used the freedom of medium of drawing to take this a stage further.

Some of you with an eye for beauty, and with purely aesthetic intent, may have noticed how well the young Miss Watson is blossoming. Extending the analogy, one or two of you, without care to stray thoughts, may have wondered when this nascent English rose might be ready for plucking. Leaving aside that it is best to let such flowers open naturally in their own sweet time, and that lovingly nurtured, they usually protected against elements that may do them harm; Emma Watson was born in Oxford on the 15th of April, 1990. The age in consent in England, Wales and Scotland, for homosexual and heterosexual relations alike, is sixteen. Those with a quick mind may already have calculated that Miss Watson is still five months shy of her sixteenth birthday.

iamlegal.com has there own take on this.

http://imlegal.com/index.php?name=Emma%20Watson

I know beauty and I know a good thing when I see it.
Marilyn
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Jeremy, there is something appealingly sleazy about you.

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Marilyn wrote:
Jeremy, there is something appealingly sleazy about you.

I was trying to think of something appropriate to say, but that will work.
lady wakasa
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:53 pm Reply with quote
BTW, ehle, I replied to your pm. But my box is full, so I'm not sure if it actually went out.

And I may be about to change my mind on what I said...
Marilyn
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Oh and GQ named Jennifer Aniston its Man of the Year. I know that gender confusion is at an all-time high, but even I wouldn't do that to the bland Ms. A.

(Supposedly it's because she had the balls to go through a high-profile divorce!? Yeah, right...)

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
(Supposedly it's because she had the balls to go through a high-profile divorce!? Yeah, right...)

It's probably more because GQ needed an attractive female on the cover so that non-metros will have a reason to look at the magazine. They probably went down the list of every "hot" female before settling on Aniston. "Keira! Let's get her! Oh, nevermind. She was on Esquire last month. Lindsay Lohan! Sorry, we've had her on the cover once already this year. Who's next? Jennifer Aniston? Eh, I guess...
Mr. Brownstone
Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Girl gets ditched by her hubby for another woman in the most public divorce in recent history, and all she gets is grief because people think she is either boring or homely.

Nice.

"My name is Gunnery Sergeant Major Highway. And I have drunk more beer, pissed more blood, banged more quiff and knocked more skulls than all you numbnuts put together." - Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge