Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Film Forums  ~  The Lobby

Shane
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:37 am Reply with quote
Of what?? The candle lit dinner?

I heard a line from my co-singer in the band. She's a teacher and when asked what she did when people really pissed her off replyed, I try to mentally step back and remember that we are all in our own home movie....then I try to watch theirs. Well, I guess that can be seen as trite or whatever but I liked it.

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:18 am Reply with quote
censored:

We both live in NYC. We should do lunch. Then you can either make good on your threat to "kick my ass," or you can stop being such a douchebag.

Reading your posts is like watching a no-legged monkey fuck a football.

Btw, if marc was "defending" you, why was I the target and not Lorne? After all, it was Lorne's joke; I was just laughing. Literally. My actual post in response was "Bwah-hah-hah-hah!"

"My name is Gunnery Sergeant Major Highway. And I have drunk more beer, pissed more blood, banged more quiff and knocked more skulls than all you numbnuts put together." - Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge
marantzo
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Except the Canadians. They are shallow people, shallow and lacking in any kind of intellectual rigor or human value or hygiene

We have lots of trees and snow and beavers, we don't need those other things.
lady wakasa
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:51 am Reply with quote
Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 5911 Location: Beyond the Blue Horizon
Marilyn wrote:
We're not supposed to tell people, but it's true.

I was a Nielsen (well, probably the other polling place, whose name I'm blanking on) for a week. Unfortunately for them, not only do I not watch tv, I never bothered getting cable after 9/11 (when I lost what reception I had). They got a lot of blanks on my form.
lady wakasa
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:55 am Reply with quote
Behind the Curtain, people.
Marilyn
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:55 am Reply with quote
Joined: 20 May 2004 Posts: 8210 Location: Skokie (not a bad movie, btw)
Why only a week? Did you just fill out the form or did you have a box?

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:59 am Reply with quote
Do they pay for your cable?

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:07 am Reply with quote
No, it was just a form (which is why I think it was the other people whose name I'm blanking on).

Nope, they don't pay for cable. (The landland's "nice" period included washer/dryers, but no cable. The period's over, so the washer/dryers don't work anymore.)
Marilyn
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:15 am Reply with quote
Joined: 20 May 2004 Posts: 8210 Location: Skokie (not a bad movie, btw)
They don't pay for cable, but they replaced a VCR of mine that broke and they send you $50 every time you get a new piece of equipment they can read, plus $100 a year just for doing it.

I'm not in it for the money, though. I was against the invasion of privacy, but I thought that this was my chance to keep the programs on the air that I like instead of complaining that my liking a show is the kiss of death.

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:29 am Reply with quote
I recently had to move, and I was paying two cable bills (don't ask). When I cancelled one of the accounts due to the move, Time Warner billed me $250 bucks until I returned their whack-ass equipment.

Once I returned it, they informed me they would send me my check for $150 dollars in the mail promptly.

I didn't know what the fuck they were talking about, but I was like, "Okay. Send me my check promptly."

"My name is Gunnery Sergeant Major Highway. And I have drunk more beer, pissed more blood, banged more quiff and knocked more skulls than all you numbnuts put together." - Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge
Mr. Brownstone
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:41 am Reply with quote
This story is supposed to be funny because once I returned the equipment they voided the $250 charge. As far as I knew, my account balance was zero (who overpays the cable company?), so I don't know what the $150 was for.

I was hardly a good customer; I'd constantly call them up and bitch when I couldn't access reruns of Entourage and Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO in Demand and write them nasty emails about their shitty movie selection - why the fuck is I, Robot available for 5 goddamn months but a motherfucker can't get no Good Bye Lenin or Crash? No wonder I'm so stupid.

Maybe the $150 was a whoop-ass tax.[/code]

Earl
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Marilyn wrote:
They don't pay for cable, but they replaced a VCR of mine that broke and they send you $50 every time you get a new piece of equipment they can read, plus $100 a year just for doing it.

I'm not in it for the money, though. I was against the invasion of privacy, but I thought that this was my chance to keep the programs on the air that I like instead of complaining that my liking a show is the kiss of death.

I'd be in it for the money. That sounds like decent money.

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:21 pm Reply with quote
My family did the form-fill-out one back in the late 80's. It was tedious. I'd never want to do it again.

-Topher
Trish
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Syd wrote:
Quote:
ernie

does anyone here believe that sarah silverman is the best thing happening in america right now?

She was certainly the best thing happening in The Aristocrats.

No, Bob Saget (and Gilbert Gottfreid) was the best thing in that film

(and Billy Connolly the worst thing - how many times can he say "oh that effin joke...")
shannon
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

I'd be in it for the money. That sounds like decent money.

Word. Where do I sign up?

Of course, since I watch nothing but The OC, I doubt I would be doing any good for anybody.