Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Archives - Specialty Forums  ~  Pay no attention...

Marj
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Lady,

I haven't got this month's Time Warner bill but I actually went down in speed. I also bought a Netgear ethernet card which upped my speed back to what it was when I was on high speed. I know. I'm confusing you even more. Let me see what I'm actually paying and get back to you.

Melody,

Do you have the name of the company that you're getting your DSL from. Chances are they don't exist on the east coast but it's always worth a call.
Melody
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Well, Marj, Hillcountry Networks services a several-county area here in the boonies of the hill country ... but that gives me an idea that maybe they can give me the names of companies similarly situated in the northeast to help Lady W.

Lady, if you're interested, PM me with your location so I can email them and try to get an answer for you. It's worth a shot.

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I don't think there is such a thing here but I'd be interested if you can find anyone, Mel.

PS. I see you changed your signature line. Have you tried licorice root too? [Sorry, guys. Only Mel would get that.]
lady wakasa
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:52 am Reply with quote
Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 5911 Location: Beyond the Blue Horizon
Melody, I really think it's an issue of marketing more than anything else, but as you say, it's worth a try...

marantzo
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:16 am Reply with quote
Maybe it is just Winnipeg, but up here it's easy getting DSL Cable or whatever. I had DSL but we got two phone lines because back then it would occupy one of your phone lines I found out that with cable I could eliminate a phone and it worked out cheaper tghan DSL so I switched. Then I switched to another company that provided telephone, tv and computer service for a flat fee and free long distance in N.America and 2000 free minutes a month in most of the rest of the world for less than I was paying. Service is terrific and tech service is excellent. Oh, Canada!!!
Befade
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Gary..........Are you married or just engaged.........or still just on cloud nine........If any of the above......Congratulations! Very Happy

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Befade wrote:
Gary..........Are you married or just engaged.........or still just on cloud nine........If any of the above......Congratulations! Very Happy

Not married yet. Just engaged. Won't be married till August 20. Thank you so much for your congratulations, Betsy.
Befade
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I guess we've got to hurry up and make plans for your bachelor party!

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Gary--I know you've been busy and off the board but you've received congratulations from almost everyone here.

Will you be married at home or someplace else?
marantzo
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quote
I know, Marj. I have thanked all the people who have wished me well when I have been on the forum. I'm sorry if I've missed anyone.

It will be a small wedding at my place. I have a judge whom I've known since I was a kid, doing the very short ceremony and so far the guest list is empty, but I have to find two witnesses. Very Happy If anyone is coming to Winnipeg, you are invited. No presents necessary.

Yeah, Betsy, why aren't I having a Bachelor party?
Joe Vitus
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm really happy for you, Gary. Congratulations. The idea of an old family friend officiating is great.

-Topher
Marj
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:40 pm Reply with quote
I like that too. As to your bachelor party, Gary, maybe coming here might be an idea.

I have a question. I'm having problems loading on Firefox. I wonder if I have too many bookmarks? I did get rid of about 20 earlier but I'm still having problems. In fact, the only site that loads properly is 3rd Eye.

Any ideas?
Befade
Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Gary............Couldn't you just get married in Las Vegas and invite all of us...... we could throw you a really big bachelor party there....a few tigers, a few Canadian singers (Celine Dion).........maybe we could even get Leonard Cohen!

Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:22 am Reply with quote
Hey, I'm going broke as it is. But your suggestions were definitely delicious. I've been married in a Synagogue, I've been married in Las Vegas and now it's time to get married in my apartment. For our make up wedding in Colombia, it will be held at centre field in the soccer stadium in Medellin. 87,000 expected guests.
marantzo
Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:25 am Reply with quote
Singing supplied by Juan Esteban (Juanes).