Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Television  ~  So what's on...?

billyweeds
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:07 am Reply with quote
Kate wrote:
Thanks but I did type in a subject on my first post and as I look to the quote I don't see anything.

Just me trying to figure this out.

I'm having the same trouble. Where are the goddamned subject lines? Does anyone have them or is it just Kate and me who are having trouble?
Marc
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:24 am Reply with quote
please be patient. we're working on it.
Melody
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 8:34 am Reply with quote
Billy -- look at the very top line of your post box. Your subject is there. It says this:

"Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:07 am Post subject: Subject lines???"

Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:58 am Reply with quote
sioux--Sorry, but there is no such thing next to the time line. I don't know what's wrong, but like Marc says, they're working on it so I can wait.
Melody
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:04 am Reply with quote
Billy,

So you see "Sioux" where on my screen it says "Melody" who posted that, which it should since I DID post it, and where it clearly says "Subject: No subject line available" on my screen for your post's subject line, you can see nothing. That is very odd indeed.

Can you see my subject line that says "Um okay"?

Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:10 am Reply with quote
Mel I'm glad you answered cause I was about to say "huh, billy?" I am the biggest computer idiot on the planet. I'll figure stuff out after everybody else vets it all out.
Haiku
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Hello All. Merely a test.

Sioux - love your post.
Marilyn
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 May 2004 Posts: 8210 Location: Skokie (not a bad movie, btw)
Me, too, Sioux. I'm still not sure why Lindsay had to die. He seemed to hate the senior partners as much as the rest of them. Plus, I still don't know why they went to all that trouble to save him from suburban hell. Can anyone explain that to me?
sioux
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:45 pm Reply with quote
That's why I was confused about Angel ordering the hit the first time I watched it - I mean he said "the devil you know". But I think Lindsey was probably the guy with the potential to build the next Secret Circle, and I think Angel was convinced Lindsey would stab him in the back. The more I think about it, it is kind of lame. I liked it better when I thought Lorne acted on his own to protect Angel on his way out the door.
sioux
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:46 pm Reply with quote
And welcome, haiku!!
Haiku
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I was having a conversation about Lindsay with my husband last night and I asked him the same question.

He gave me the puzzled dog look followed by the duh look. He was clearly of the opinion that Lindsay was dangerous, insincere and that he was
BAD. I guess I had missed that because I thought he was turning back to being good.

But, Angel wasn't about flip flopping - you either are or are not, except (as a French verb) when you're not.

And there is the fact that Lindsay's purpose was to join the Black Circle Society - so, if one is willing to do that, then I guess one is thoroughly bad.

Seems lame that they rescued him from suburban hell just to pump him for little info and then let him go. I'm patching it up to Seriescancellatioitis.
Haiku
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, Sioux and others! Glad to be here.

Carrobin (on NYT) mentioned that she ordere the OMWF book. I haven't seen this. Any of you own it? How is it and what's it about exactly with respect to the ep?
Marilyn
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 May 2004 Posts: 8210 Location: Skokie (not a bad movie, btw)
Carrobin has registered, too. Hurray! We need earl, lotang, and dlhavard, too, at the very least.

That's why I say the finale was a little disappointing to me. We've seen Angel struggle all season with the concept of being rewarded for doing good. To me, his change of heart just didn't develop well. He signed away a mortal life because it doesn't matter anymore? He wanted to take down the Black Thorn, but you could see they were just another cog in the wheel. The writers didn't make this change in the entire thrust of the series work for me.
sioux
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm saving my nickels for the Season Six DVD's, which of course will include OMWF!!!!!!!!!

Yahoo!!!!
sioux
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Marilyn...see I saw the fight against evil thing in a really good new way in the finale. Instead of fighting with the idea of some big apocapalypse, some war to win, they were fighting just every single day because it is what you have to do. The scene between Gunn and his friend had me in tears. If you knew the big bad was controlling everything and nothing you did affects the big picture, nothing you did would ever "fix" things, what would you do?