Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Television  ~  So what's on...?

Syd
Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12890 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
carrobin wrote:
Marj wrote:
Carol - Are you out of the hospital, or still in suffering though PT?

I'm at home now--spent only five days at Mt S, then came home with meds and a schedule of visiting nurses, therapists, and a home health aide (who i didn't really need, but she was good company). That was on May 3, and now i'm down to three days a week with the therapist. He thinks i may be able to return to work by the end of the month, if i do the exercises consistently.

My friend had knee replacement last year. They get you up pretty quickly, and that's a pretty good prognosis. She had the other one done a few months later and is getting around well.

Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote
bartist wrote:
But, please, no showering scenes.

I had heard rumors of a new 24, with the gappy 12 ep. structure.

Finally caught another "Grimm" which seemed to include Night of the Living Oregonians and a digression away from German fairy tales and towards voudon. The "woge, woge, woge" scene was played for laughs and I liked the high anxiety attack of the rabbit-man - but it was false suspense - given everything Juliette has been through, did anyone think she would be all that phased by a woge? Also, mixing Baron Samedi with a Triffid was an unusual approach.

I love the contrast between Monroe being so laid back and Bud being so nervous. Bud's actually a beaver wesen (he's always busy and belongs to a lodge), but he really is rabbity.

Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Possible spoiler for Elementary, below.

Elementary's two hour Finale was finally a series that didn't have an ending that left you hanging till the next episode about five months down the line.
bartist
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:15 am Reply with quote
Missed Elementary - will catch some summer night when it's too humid to be outdoors. How Criminal Minds continues to survive is beyond my comprehension. As for Body of Proof, it had Mark Valley in a lead role, so its lifespan was limited. What I mean is, everything I've seen him in got cancelled a couple years after his appearance.

Glad for the species clarification on Bud.

Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:57 am Reply with quote
Bart, in case you didn't read the sentence I whited out isn't really a spoiler and it is a positive comment.
bartist
Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Indeed! Yeah, I'm not big on the 5-month hanger (or the 9 month variety with series that had/have short seasons, like "Lost" or "Breaking Bad") either.

Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:33 am Reply with quote
marantzo wrote:
Bart, in case you didn't read the sentence I whited out isn't really a spoiler and it is a positive comment.

I enjoyed the finale. I like seeing Watson coming into her own.

Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Syd wrote:
marantzo wrote:

I enjoyed the finale. I like seeing Watson coming into her own.

Spoiler ahead.

Me too, and the deception in the windup was delicious. Surprised
bartist
Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:19 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I enjoyed the finale. I like seeing Watson coming....

For that, I'd subscribe to Tivo.

If this seems a bit crude, there's a reason....I just watched two episodes of "Californication," starring David Duchovny as a writer (and "professor" in season three, which is the disk that came into my possession) whose lifestyle (and 50% of his dialog) can be summed up in the phrase, "I have a boner right now." I would dismiss it as garbage if it didn't have occasional snatches (wait, there's more to this sentence) of wit that elevate it to the plane of inspired trash. In this season, Kathleen Turner guests and endlessly talks about fellatio, her current state of lubrication, and all the stars she has screwed. Duchovny cavorts with sexy coeds, grad students, faculty wives, all while being a force for good and positive change in the lives of everyone he meets. I just made up the last part of that sentence. Two episodes was plenty and now I can resume catching up with all that fancy-shmancy egghead shit they run on HBO.

Posted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Never saw Californication and now I'm really glad I haven't.
Shane
Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:49 am Reply with quote
Syd wrote:
bartist wrote:
But, please, no showering scenes.

I had heard rumors of a new 24, with the gappy 12 ep. structure.

Finally caught another "Grimm" which seemed to include Night of the Living Oregonians and a digression away from German fairy tales and towards voudon. The "woge, woge, woge" scene was played for laughs and I liked the high anxiety attack of the rabbit-man - but it was false suspense - given everything Juliette has been through, did anyone think she would be all that phased by a woge? Also, mixing Baron Samedi with a Triffid was an unusual approach.

I love the contrast between Monroe being so laid back and Bud being so nervous. Bud's actually a beaver wesen (he's always busy and belongs to a lodge), but he really is rabbity.

I have so enjoyed this season and it's going to be even better to see the return. I think it's replaced 'Justified' for me as my fav!

Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:39 am Reply with quote
Mad Men! January Jones is back to looking...can't describe it, but yum.
marantzo
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:54 am Reply with quote
Watched Brooklyn DA last night. Bailed after 6 or 7 minutes. didn't think it was going to be a semi-documentary. Switched to the finale of Body of Proof. Good enough to watch, with some very good scenes and some annoying ones. Had a nice wrap-up.
bartist
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:58 am Reply with quote
Was "meh" about Body of Proof, though I've liked Delaney in most things. Been sticking with a "keep the tv off" policy lately, so don't watch anything that isn't "must-see." I'm developing a "meme" that no one, on their deathbed, ever regrets the evenings they left the tube turned off.

Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:07 pm Reply with quote
No, there was no 'meh' from me about Body of Proof. As I said, it was good enough to watch. One thing that annoyed me was the director, whomever he/she is, has Delaney in some scenes and makes her stay far too long accommodating her former therapist who is a jerk. I felt like screaming, "Tell him to fuck off already!" Mind you, he does do something good eventually.