Third Eye Film Society Forum Index
Author Message

<  Third Eye Archives - Specialty Forums  ~  9th Annual Blanche Award NOMINATIONS

lshap
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 12 May 2004 Posts: 4246 Location: Montreal

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
lshap
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 12 May 2004 Posts: 4246 Location: Montreal
Choose your favourite for each category and email your pick directly - and very quietly! - to the appropriate tabulator:

Best Supporting Actor - Kate: kharrop@seagen.com

Best Supporting Actress - Jeremy: jeremyimoz@hotmail.com

Best Cinematography - Melody: Melody@hillcountrytx.net

Best Song - Nancy: npeay@hotmail.com

Best Score - Yambu: yambu2@comcast.net

Best Screenplay - Syd: sydh@ou.edu

Best Documentary - Whiskeypriest: Spaulsonesq@aol.com

Best Foreign Film - Ghulam: gfaruki@adelphia.net

Best Actor - Wade: ehle64@mac.com

Best Actress - Inla: davideo321@aol.com

Best Director - Chilly: marty@chillywilly.org

Best Picture - Billy: billyweeds@nyc.rr.com


Last edited by lshap on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
lshap
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 12 May 2004 Posts: 4246 Location: Montreal
Emails will be added soon...

Meanwhile, you can send your votes via this board's message system.

Yes, I have delayed the awards a couple of days due to the logistic delay in getting the nomination votes in until this evening. If this is a problem for many we can go back to this Friday, but it'll be tight...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
chillywilly
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 May 2004 Posts: 8250 Location: Salt Lake City
Competing with the Oscars, are we? I don't mind. We never had to worry about the Writer's Strike, even though it's over.

_________________
Chilly
"If you should die before me / Ask if you could bring a friend"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
inlareviewer
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Jul 2004 Posts: 1896 Location: Lawrence, KS
I absolutely LOVE that the Blanches will coincide with that other, um, film society, tee-hee. Another FABULOUS poster, Lorne.

_________________
How could any mother not love the world? What else is love but recognition? Love's nothing to do with happiness. Power has to do with happiness. Love has only to do with home.
View user's profile Send private message
lshap
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 12 May 2004 Posts: 4246 Location: Montreal
Having it coincide with that other show really wasn't the original plan, but I didn't get all the information in until this evening, and a Friday show wouldn't give us much time to vote and for me to make all the silly posters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Syd
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12536 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
I'm voting by PM. By the way, you can sample the scores on Amazon.com and the songs are on Youtube.

_________________
A man, a plan, a bamboo patch .... Pandamonium!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
chillywilly
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 May 2004 Posts: 8250 Location: Salt Lake City
Yes, Lorne does amazing work, doesn't he? And to think in less than a week, we'll all be wooed again with the award show.... not to mention, the wit and humor-laced presentation Mr. LShap has to offer.

_________________
Chilly
"If you should die before me / Ask if you could bring a friend"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mo_flixx
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 30 May 2004 Posts: 12533
inlareviewer wrote:
I absolutely LOVE that the Blanches will coincide with that other, um, film society, tee-hee. Another FABULOUS poster, Lorne.


Thankfully I have a new laptop so I can take it into the Liv. Rm. and watch both shows simultaneously.

Come to think of it, that's 4 pm MT -- even Joan Rivers won't be on the red carpet at that hour.
View user's profile Send private message
chillywilly
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 May 2004 Posts: 8250 Location: Salt Lake City
mo_flixx wrote:
inlareviewer wrote:
I absolutely LOVE that the Blanches will coincide with that other, um, film society, tee-hee. Another FABULOUS poster, Lorne.


Thankfully I have a new laptop so I can take it into the Liv. Rm. and watch both shows simultaneously.

Come to think of it, that's 4 pm MT -- even Joan Rivers won't be on the red carpet at that hour.

Are you still liking your MacBook, Mo?

_________________
Chilly
"If you should die before me / Ask if you could bring a friend"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mo_flixx
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 30 May 2004 Posts: 12533
chillywilly wrote:
mo_flixx wrote:
inlareviewer wrote:
I absolutely LOVE that the Blanches will coincide with that other, um, film society, tee-hee. Another FABULOUS poster, Lorne.


Thankfully I have a new laptop so I can take it into the Liv. Rm. and watch both shows simultaneously.

Come to think of it, that's 4 pm MT -- even Joan Rivers won't be on the red carpet at that hour.

Are you still liking your MacBook, Mo?


I forgot to say that they'll still probably be hoisting up some part of Joan Rivers' anatomy at that hour.

Wink

Yes chills, I love my MacBook. I am having a great time working on digital photography and slideshows w/ music.
View user's profile Send private message
Earl
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Jun 2004 Posts: 2620 Location: Houston
Excuse me, but I couldn't help noticing that No Country for Old Men has received a nomination in the Best Score category. To paraphrase Roger Clemens, I think people maybe have "misremembered" or "misheard" something in the movie that wasn't there. Because I don't recall that the movie had a score. Wasn't this a deliberate choice by the Coen Bros, to make the movie with no music at all?

If this is the case, would it be possible to delete that nominee and replace it with whichever film finished sixth in the voting for that category?

_________________
"I have a suspicion that you are all mad," said Dr. Renard, smiling sociably; "but God forbid that madness should in any way interrupt friendship."
View user's profile Send private message
mo_flixx
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 30 May 2004 Posts: 12533
Earl wrote:
Excuse me, but I couldn't help noticing that No Country for Old Men has received a nomination in the Best Score category. To paraphrase Roger Clemens, I think people maybe have "misremembered" or "misheard" something in the movie that wasn't there. Because I don't recall that the movie had a score. Wasn't this a deliberate choice by the Coen Bros, to make the movie with no music at all?

If this is the case, would it be possible to delete that nominee and replace it with whichever film finished sixth in the voting for that category?


The imdb.com lists "Original Music by Carter Burwell." That sounds like a "score" to me.
View user's profile Send private message
inlareviewer
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Jul 2004 Posts: 1896 Location: Lawrence, KS
mo_flixx wrote:


I forgot to say that they'll still probably be hoisting up some part of Joan Rivers' anatomy at that hour.


Well, that eliminates my need for an appetite suppressant.

_________________
How could any mother not love the world? What else is love but recognition? Love's nothing to do with happiness. Power has to do with happiness. Love has only to do with home.
View user's profile Send private message
Syd
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12536 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Earl wrote:
Excuse me, but I couldn't help noticing that No Country for Old Men has received a nomination in the Best Score category. To paraphrase Roger Clemens, I think people maybe have "misremembered" or "misheard" something in the movie that wasn't there. Because I don't recall that the movie had a score. Wasn't this a deliberate choice by the Coen Bros, to make the movie with no music at all?

If this is the case, would it be possible to delete that nominee and replace it with whichever film finished sixth in the voting for that category?


Nope. People didn't misremember or mishear. We deliberately voted for a score which used very little music. (Not none.)

_________________
A man, a plan, a bamboo patch .... Pandamonium!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website

Display posts from previous:  

All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 8
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.

Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum