Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Music & Theatre  ~  Rock n' Roll, Rap n' Crap

censored-03
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:06 am Reply with quote
Joined: 24 May 2004 Posts: 3058 Location: Gotham, Big Apple, The Naked City
Billy and Marj

Thanks for the positive response to the McPartland dream date with my wife. I'm still high on it. And Billy..it's nice to know I'm not alone on Webber !

As far as disclosing much about my songwriting, I suppose I will when the time is right. I kinda like my semi-anonymity here as is. I feel I would have to get into a long winded schpiel and I'm really kinda in a fogged out mood about making arrangements to travel right now. How's that for a cop-out ? More later I promise.

macca - Good to see you. How's things across the pond...I'm going to Europe in about 4 weeks, hope to hear some cool stuff not heard around these parts.

I'm still having fun seeing Modest Mouse beating out Britney in Billboard. Wow !

lshap
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:26 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 12 May 2004 Posts: 4246 Location: Montreal
Shannon -- Thanks for being understanding about my request, but it turns out you and McBain are right anyway, so forget it.

Wade -- You are SO wrong about my sense of you! My post about the uploaded pics was directed at Shannon with NO thought of you whatsoever. He took it without batting an eye, even though my information was wrong. I really don't know what's gotten into your head the last couple of weeks.

I have two things to say to you:

1) Lighten up. There's no vendetta. Really.

2) You're one of the guys I'm hoping to meet when I'm in NYC next week, so please lighten up fast.
billyweeds
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:31 am Reply with quote
When do you arrive? I'm assuming you want to meet me, too. True?
lshap
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:31 am Reply with quote
censored -- As a part-time songwriter myself, I'm going to hold you to your vague promise of full disclosure.
lshap
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:33 am Reply with quote
Billy -- I'm in Wednesday late afternoon for three days (leaving Saturday). Do you actually think I'd miss this opportunity to meet you? Hmmmm?
billyweeds
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:43 am Reply with quote
lshap wrote:
Billy -- I'm in Wednesday late afternoon for three days (leaving Saturday). Do you actually think I'd miss this opportunity to meet you? Hmmmm?

I wouldn't if I were you. Can't wait.
billyweeds
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:44 am Reply with quote
BTW what are you doing here? Did I miss the reason? If so, re-explain, please.
shannon
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:25 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Its your problem if you see him as some kind of authority figure. His comment to ehle regarding the word "cocksucker" was his personal reaction, not a reflection of any kind of moral law governing this site.

Hey, I know this. I'm just providing some perspective here. I ain't mad at Lshap, just trying to see where Ehle's coming from without jumping in with some "poor ehle, everybody picks on ehle." Alls I said, "I can see why Ehle might have construed that this way." I never said, "Ehle's right for construing that this sort of way." Showing a little empathy here. Lshap's cool by me, always has been. Hell, everybody's cool by me. Always have been.
shannon
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:26 am Reply with quote
Now that the whole "pictures- yay? nay?" debate has been settled, my offer still stands: Who wants to see me nekked?
chillywilly
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:49 am Reply with quote
chris563 wrote:
me too! I played that song the morning a girl moved out on me. she packed up the uhaul and took our dog and left. "what would you do if I followed you". in the end it was all for the best though, that's to be sure.

Wow. Sounds like the song was written for several reasons.

Welcome to the board, Chris. Thanks for the laugh on the Jewel story.

chillywilly
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Ok, VR fans (that would be brownstone and me and anyone else out there I'm not aware of as a GnR or VR fan...

Starting today, you can listen to the entire album 'Contraband' online at the link below. MTV has a similar link as well, included in the post.

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/velvet_revolver/363596/album.jhtml

So far, all I can say is... 7 MORE DAYS!!! Can't fuckin' wait. I may have to do one of the midnight sales they are having here in SLC. And if it sounds good at work on shitty-ass cheapo speakers and a slower than dog-doo computer, then I can't wait to get home to listen tonight.

chillywilly
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:38 pm Reply with quote
ok.. the MTV link...

http://www.mtv.com/music/album_preview/velvet_revolver/contraband/

chillywilly
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:40 pm Reply with quote

ok.. one more detail I forgot to add to the two previous posts..

The MTV link allows you to listen to each song indivdually, the VH1 link plays the album from start to finish.

That is all... rock on!! Exclamation

ehle64
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:01 pm Reply with quote
lshap wrote:
Shannon -- Thanks for being understanding about my request, but it turns out you and McBain are right anyway, so forget it.

Wade -- You are SO wrong about my sense of you! My post about the uploaded pics was directed at Shannon with NO thought of you whatsoever. He took it without batting an eye, even though my information was wrong. I really don't know what's gotten into your head the last couple of weeks.

I have two things to say to you:

1) Lighten up. There's no vendetta. Really.

2) You're one of the guys I'm hoping to meet when I'm in NYC next week, so please lighten up fast.

Thanks for the 'splainin, dude. I'm like so over it. In fact, I'm so light I'm floating away in my beautiful, my beautiful balloon. . . .

Marc
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:35 pm Reply with quote
The 5th Dimension are groovy.