Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Television  ~  Alternate Universes

lotang
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Marilyn wrote:
My favorite line was when Spike sees Buffy at the wedding. He says, "You look wonderful. You have a certain glow." She answers, "That's because the dress is radioactive." Remember those hideous green bags?!

lmao!!! I'd forgotten about the "radioactive" line. And I just rewatched OMWF. A friend of mine burned it on cd for me but I still want to get Season 6. It wasn't the best season and it wasn't the worst but the moment when Tara dies is still one of the most wrenching in the entire series right up there with The Body. That was truly the great thing about Buffy was the humor and pathos combined.

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:45 pm Reply with quote
You know, I never saw the actual episode where Tara dies?
Lacey
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Honi I’m home!

This forum is great, thank you one and all for seeing that I made the jump.

Ok, now on to business. In the Angel finale I didn’t catch that Gunn was dying, but I had heard a spoiler that the humans all died. I found this particularly interesting since in the Buffy finale the humans all survive, and all the non-humans die (i.e. Spike and Anya).

Did anyone catch the TV Revolution series on Bravo? I’ve seen several and Joss is one of the people they interview.
Marilyn
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 May 2004 Posts: 8210 Location: Skokie (not a bad movie, btw)
Welcome, Lacey! Now if we can just find out what happened to earl???

There is a moment at the end of Angel when Illyria tells Gunn he has about 10 minutes left to live. We don't see him die, but it seems doubtful that she would be wrong, since she has a sense for such things.

I don't know if I consider Anya a demon. She was human when she died, pretty thoroughly human at that. Maybe we could classify her along with Doyle, who was half-human.
lotang
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Welcome Lacey!

I was just over at the NYTimes forum and it's pretty dead. In fact deader than a dusted vamp. I suspect it will disappear soon since we're all over here.

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Hi Lacey! Nice to have you over here.
Lacey
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Was Anya human again? I couldn't remember if she was re-humanized after the frat house episode. Oh well, it was almost an observation.

I noticed some early posts talking about the season finale for Joan of Arcadia. While I imagine that the theme was really about having faith even when everything is telling you different, the fact that she was faced with the idea that her conversations with god might be hallucinations reminded me of the episode when Buffy hallucinated (or did she?) that she was in an asylum and Sunnydale was a hallucination. For me that was almost as frightening as Hush.
Joe Vitus
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Welcome Lacey!

I agree with Marilyn than Anya was human, or at least mortal. She had a chance to go back to being demon, she chose not to. And she had been mortal to begin with. Could never figure out if the village she's from was on this planet or another.
Joe Vitus
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I couldn't remember if she was re-humanized after the frat house episode.

Don't you remember Hally getting fried when Anya made the choice to stay mortal? Anya knew the sacrifice was a life, she figured it was hers, turns out that would be too easy.
Lacey
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I do remember Hally getting fried, and that when Anya made the choice she assumed she would be killed not someone else, but I couldn't remember if part of that whole scene was Anya once again being stripped of her demon ways--sometimes I have a mind like a sieve.

Just went and a checked out the reading forum too, lovely!
Nancy
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Welcome, Lacey! Glad to see you here. Looks like most of the gang has made it over. I'm happy we can stay together, regardless of what the NYT does with the Angel forum. I think you'll like it here.

Isaacism, 2009
Marilyn
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 May 2004 Posts: 8210 Location: Skokie (not a bad movie, btw)
Actually, what I remember is that Anya became a vengeance demon again after the marriage fiasco, but asked to returned to human form. That's when Halfrek was sacrificed.
Joe Vitus
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Exactly.
Lacey
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:27 am Reply with quote
That's right! Thanks. All I could remember was that she became a vengence demon again but had really lost her drive. There were some fun scenes between Anya and Hally about Anya's work ethic.
lotang
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Lacey-

Funny that I was just thinking about Normal Again where Buffy is halfway between thinking she's in a mental institution and in Sunnydale and still trying to decide where that fits. I would love to know Joss' take on it since the episode ended with Buffy in the mental institution rather than in Sunnydale. Are we to take from that that everything our intrepid heroine has and will go through is a psychotic delusion? Any takes???