Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Television  ~  It's Not TV -- It's HBO!

Ghulam
Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Soprano seems tired, a bit repetetive. Big Love did turn out to be an excellent series after all.
Marj
Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Ghulam -- I know what you mean. And if anyone can explain last week's episode I'd really appreciate it. I kept waiting for something. I don't know what. And nothing. I'm sure it was just me. Probably missing the obvious.

I'm slowly catching up on Big Love. Still one problem I find with this show is the casting of Bill Paxton. He lacks charisma. JMO.
Jynx
Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Finn is gay gay gay. Gayer than Vito, who never should have had that much screen time, he was nothing in the show, NOTHING, and he gets half of the next to last 7 episodes???? WTF???

When Finn saw Vito giving head at the site, it all came to the top. Finn is outtie to Cali and Meadow is following, he ain't dumb, he knows what happens to sexually repressed Captains. He's gay, believe me. He won't commit and he ratted on Vito to save his own non-cherry ass. Puh-leeze.

Huff is coming along, I have to say Kelly is a hootinanny and a half. DOULA DOULA DOULA DOULA .... GET BE A POOL NOT A POND! BECAUSE ONE IS FOR PEOPLE AND ONE IS FOR FISH! LMFAO. Wink I didn't quite get the Sharon Stone thingy, unless it's cool to be on Huff, kinda like when all the stars were doing Creepshow or whatever that crap was on HBO.

Now ... 2007 ... till I see Carmella and Tony get whacked. I picture the scene from Goodfellas when the fat guy and his platinum wife are in the pink caddy ... SPLATTERED everywhere. Will Tony and Carm end up like that? Chris is a given, he'll die at Tony's hand or his own, don't know which and I'm still curious about Adrianna. We've never seen her body and are Carm's "dreams" of seeing her a taste of things to come?

Oh, I also think someone (AJ's chick?) is an informer. Shocked

Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:33 pm Reply with quote
I like the Tony and Carmella getting whacked plotline...but I think they'll leave it open just a tad for a "Soprano" movie at some later date.
Ghulam
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I dig Lucky Louie.
Melody
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I finally finished watching my new favorite soap, Big Love. What irritated me initially -- Paxton's self-satisfied grin and his sense of entitlement -- quickly imploded on itself to reveal the dark underbelly of his highly stressful life.

I love the women in this show! The increasingly insecure first wife, Barb; the scheming and manipulative second wife, Nickie "the braid"; and the young, innocent baby machine third wife, Margene. Not to mention wonderfully weird Grace Zabriskie, who I'd watch in anything.

Plus, I kinda sorta almost maybe want Roman to knock Bill down a notch or two, besides the innocuous inroads he's taken with Bill's business and the Mother of the Year fiasco. Bill and Roman's power struggle is just as interesting to watch as the women.

I'm looking forward to another season if it happens.

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I watched "The Entourage" on HBO last night. I think this was episode 3. I'm kind of curious about this series. It looks like it might be OK. Has anyone else seen it?

The series is about a young star whose entourage includes his low class buddies. Last night, his buddy just released on parole joined the group.

Young men in Hollywood with money to burn behaving badly.
ehle64
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:43 pm Reply with quote
mo -- Entourage (no The) is on Season 3 now, I believe the first two seasons are available as DVDs. I know the first one is.

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Big Love - what Melody said.
unohoo
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:53 am Reply with quote
I got hooked on Entourage last season. Something about new HBO series, they always look stupid to me initially and I guess since they show their own programming so much you end up catching an episode or two. Anyway I think the show is great. I'm not sure if it gives an accurate or even a reasonable depiction of what Hollywood is like but it seems to play on stereotypes and your general perception of what the town is like yet seeming authentic if that makes any sense.

I always compare it to Sex In the City with testosterone.

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quote
I have changed my opinion of Lucky Louie. It is not that funny.
Marj
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Maybe not but your post sure is.
Marj
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:31 am Reply with quote
Billy - Have you seen the final HUFF yet? Let me know, as anything I might post about it would be a spoiler.
billyweeds
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:45 am Reply with quote
Marj wrote:
Billy - Have you seen the final HUFF yet? Let me know, as anything I might post about it would be a spoiler.

Have not yet seen it; will do asap.
Marj
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Billy - Thanks. And without giving anything away. There is a little surprise in it just for you.