Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Film Forums  ~  The Lobby

McBain
Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:44 pm Reply with quote
billyweeds wrote:
McBain wrote:
I have a flickr page here where I occasionally post stuff that Jen and I do.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10907649@N05/

Lovely pictures. It seems you have a great time together. Do you ever have your own pictures taken? It would be great to see you and yours rather than the food you eat. (If there were a choice, I mean.)

Yeah, I'm self conscious and I don't generally put up pictures of myself. Billy, send my wife a Facebook friend request, I'll tell her to accept it, and then you can see all the pictures of us that she has put up.

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to be in on that party -- nice seein' you back mcbain.
billyweeds
Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:02 pm Reply with quote
After all the bullshit and the naysaying, the Dems now have 60 votes. I'm very happy.
marantzo
Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:47 pm Reply with quote
60 votes for a shit ass bill. Big whoop. Well the insurance companies and the drug companies will be celebrating. Nothing to control prices. Covering everyone because they will be forced to buy insurance (from private insurance companies) or face sanctions. Just wonderful. Guess what, it is worse than you have now.
Marc
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:08 am Reply with quote
I didn't want to bring this up until I knew that things were going to be okay, but Mirgun went into Beth Israel hospital 4 days ago with a very serious virus. The doctors could not diagnose it, but were deeply concerned that it could be life threatening. Of course, they didn't tell Mirgun that at the time. I had no idea how serious her condition was. Nor did she. She went through a battery of tests, including a cat scan and a spinal tap. No diagnosis. But, they ruled out meningitis. Just as I was planning to fly to New York City, Mirgun took a turn for the better. An antibiotic used for lyme disease helped. As of today, she appears to be on the road to recovery. Whatever she had is a mystery. With all the advances in medicine, there's little that doctors can do to battle some of these new strains of flu.
Anyway, my dear Mirgun is on the mend and a heavy weight has been lifted from my heart.
billyweeds
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:35 am Reply with quote
So glad to hear it!
Syd
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:42 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12895 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
They sure it isn't actually Lyme disease? It's very good at mimicking other diseases, and an antibiotic wouldn't do anything against a virus.

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:51 am Reply with quote
What a scary experience. Modern medicine seems so efficient, except when it isn't. (And where is House when you need him?)
Earl
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:20 am Reply with quote
Great news, Marc and Mirgun!

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:02 am Reply with quote
Quote:
They sure it isn't actually Lyme disease? It's very good at mimicking other diseases, and an antibiotic wouldn't do anything against a virus.

Syd, I'll look into this.
Joe Vitus
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:26 am Reply with quote
I wish both of you the best, Marc, and am glad that Mirgun is doing better! And please do into into what Syd said.

-Topher
Joe Vitus
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:27 am Reply with quote
I ask again. where is Marj?

-Topher
billyweeds
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:28 am Reply with quote
Joe Vitus wrote:
I ask again. where is Marj?

She posted on the 14th. That's not all that long ago, and she has taken longer hiatuses previously. Still, it would be nice to hear from her.
Earl
Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:04 am Reply with quote
And I ask again, where is Gromit?

Also, Lady Wakasa hasn't posted in a couple weeks, ever since the recent disagreement over the c-word. She said at the time that she had to leave because she was getting upset, but I didn't interpret that as a permanent departure. I hope it wasn't permanent because that would make me upset.

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:40 am Reply with quote
Marc--I don't know where it was I read your comment about Jagger ruining the old stuff in the Rock 'n' Rock Hall of Fame concert. I don't quite agree, but I've never been a big Stones fan anyway. What did surprise me was how great the duet was between Springsteen and Bono on "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For." They generated heat. I also thought Springsteen was subversively funny the way he punctured Bono's annoying self-seriousness with the line, "Let's have a little fun with it." LOL.