Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Television  ~  So what's on...?

Nancy
Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:46 pm Reply with quote
mo_flixx wrote:
Meat Loaf's film career dates back to 1962 when he appeared as a kid in the stands in "State Fair."
His list of credits at the imdb.com goes on and on. The one film that really stood out for me was "Wayne's World."

And then there's the other film he appears in with Alice Cooper, Roadie (1980), in which Meat Loaf plays Travis W. Redfish. This was one of my friend Bjorn's favorite movies.

Isaacism, 2009
Marc
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:56 am Reply with quote
finished four seasons of 24. Watched 96 episodes in about 7 weeks. what a show! now I gotta go thru withdrawel.
chillywilly
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:46 am Reply with quote
Marc wrote:
finished four seasons of 24. Watched 96 episodes in about 7 weeks. what a show! now I gotta go thru withdrawel.

Wow. that's some marathon TV viewing.

bart
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:04 am Reply with quote
After watching the first two season of 6FU in about five weeks, I started spontaneously whistling that English Horn solo at the beginning. The thing is, it would keep turning into the theme for the Rockford Files. A total mystery, the brain.

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:36 am Reply with quote
Why does that somehow make sense to me?

I'm starting Season Three today. Season Two was good, but some rehashing along the lines I complained of with The Sopranos. Not as bad (not the same plot arc, happily), but I think the real issue is that I connect with these characters. That whole family just speaks to me.

-Topher
carrobin
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Music can hit the brain in odd ways. I remember years ago, I was walking down 57th Street and "Ruby Tuesday" was suddenly playing in my head. I couldn't figure out why that particular song had latched onto me. Then I realized I'd just passed a movie theater where "Sunday Bloody Sunday" was playing.
mo_flixx
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Lady Heather was re-run on CSI tonite.

I skipped it...and am watching my "Shalako" DVD instead. This is another "hunting party" movie.

I would love to see the Cockettes film "The Cheney Hunting Party," btw!
mo_flixx
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Saw a pic of Katie Couric in one of this week's tabloids. Not only is her face different, this girl's got one hell of a RACK these days! [that didn't used to be there]
chillywilly
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:06 am Reply with quote
I gave up on Couric about 8 years ago. If it wasn't for Matt Lauer, I wouldn't watch TODAY the few times a month I happen to watch that show.

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing the rack...

mo_flixx
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:42 am Reply with quote
chillywilly wrote:
I gave up on Couric about 8 years ago. If it wasn't for Matt Lauer, I wouldn't watch TODAY the few times a month I happen to watch that show.

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing the rack...

I don't watch the show either. It just keeps me distracted in the a.m. mornings in motels.

Waiting to hear the real poop on Katie's amazing rack...
billyweeds
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:36 am Reply with quote
I TiVo'd the final Couric "Today" show and am in the middle of watching it. Don't know what people have against Couric. She's extremely smart, game, attractive, and warm, and has provided America with some first-rate television. (Yes, yes, I know the rumors are that she's a backstage diva. And that Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward are gay. Get over it, people.)
billyweeds
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:38 am Reply with quote
My point is that if you're a celebrity you are subject to the rumor mill. Couric's credentials are impeccable. Can't understand why people dislike her with such intensity.
mo_flixx
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:06 am Reply with quote
billyweeds wrote:
My point is that if you're a celebrity you are subject to the rumor mill. Couric's credentials are impeccable. Can't understand why people dislike her with such intensity.

If they DO dislike her, it doesn't keep them from watching...and CBS wouldn't have hired her!
carrobin
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:40 am Reply with quote
Agree with Billy on Couric. It's not easy to project a likable, sunny, smart, funny personality from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. If she's not really what she seems, she deserves an Emmy a week. I'm going to miss her. (Loved Harvey Fierstein on her farewell show, though.)
grace
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:17 am Reply with quote
I don't so much dislike Couric, as get irritated when she goes into the "it's all about me" mode. 80-90% of the time, I have no complaints about Ms. Couric. (I'm sure she's quite relieved about that!)