Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Film Forums  ~  The Lobby

Nancy
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm still getting the same weird look to everything, and the background is orange,making it hard to read the text.

Isaacism, 2009
Joe Vitus
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:34 pm Reply with quote
It's back to normal here, Nancy. I set mine to show the subject headings (the blue pages). Do you do this, or use the yellow page format? Maybe that's where there's still something going on? Wish I could say more to help.

-Topher
Syd
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12892 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
I'm doing fine through Explorer, but Firefox is now showing the default colors (earlier it was showing Nosebleed) and still not recognizing my login so I can post.

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I'm on Explorer, too.

-Topher
Nancy
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Joe Vitus wrote:
It's back to normal here, Nancy. I set mine to show the subject headings (the blue pages). Do you do this, or use the yellow page format? Maybe that's where there's still something going on? Wish I could say more to help.

I use the Third Eye (yellow/orange) color scheme and Firefox. I assume this will straighten itself out eventually.

Isaacism, 2009
Nancy
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:26 pm Reply with quote
I changed to subSilver (blue) and it looks OK, so I guess I'll have to use that for the time being. Just don't like the colors as well.

Isaacism, 2009
chillywilly
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:51 pm Reply with quote
I use the silver/blue theme and am on Safari on the Mac. The nosebleed theme was too squished together.

Joe Vitus
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Nancy,

I preferred the look of the yellow, myself. But then everyone was posting subject headings, so I switched to the subsilver, which is the only way to veiw them. At which point for some reason, everyone stopped using the subject headings. Smile

By then I was too lazy to push a button and change back.

-Topher
shannon
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I always use subsilver in Firefox and the site is working fine for me today. When I first visited, like everyone else, I had been logged out and the format switched to nosebleed, but I was able to change the settings back to the original and it's been working fine ever since.

Nosebleed looks cool. The font is just too small and when I tried to enlarge it, it fucked up my screen. I had to scroll like two screens to the right before I saw any text. Also, I hate that nosebleed has to actually say "Nosebleed" at the top of the screen as opposed to "Third Eye Film Society."
AXL
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 May 2004 Posts: 8 Location: Taos
I Just updated the software to the latest version. A re quest from Lorne and generally a good thing to do. Feel free to use the forums, but I lost the thirdeye theme and I'm in the process of recreating it.

The feed back is good. Especially some of the browser information.

I'll probably be working on it throughout the night.

- alex

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Alex.
Mr. Brownstone
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:44 pm Reply with quote
"Sarandon has been in better roles, IMO (Thelma & Louise, Stepmom where she's not pushing Tim Robbin's agenda. While I have respect for their personal political stances, they really do tend to roll over in their films at times."

Chilly, you likeable bastard:

What "agenda" was Robbins pushing? And considering the source material, was Sister Helen Prejean who wrote the book the film is based on also "pushing an agenda?" Stupid activist nuns.

Did you also dislike The Laramie Project because it "pushed an agenda?"

Come to think of it, though, I really disliked Commando because I don't like Swarzenegger pushing the agenda of "blowing the shit out of Banana Republic to save pre-teen sitcom starlets."

Seriously, though, did the simple fact that the film was made by Robbins skew your perception at all because of your reaction to Robbins' politics?

By the way, I don't know what's so fucking wrong with the politics of Robbins, Sarandon and Sean Penn. You didn't see Bruce Willis or Gary Sinise crawling around the Gulf area helping hurricane victims, did you?

Billy:

I mention this every time Cage is brought up, but I hate Cage's performance in Vampire's Kiss due to the most notable moment, the eating of the cockroach, which Cage said he did because he knew people would talk about it and it would further build that "mythology" about himself I cited him mentioning in a Movieline review back in '97 or '98.

There is no more self-indulgent, self-centered, phony actor in Hollywood than Nicolas Cage, and Vampire's Kiss is exhibit A.

"My name is Gunnery Sergeant Major Highway. And I have drunk more beer, pissed more blood, banged more quiff and knocked more skulls than all you numbnuts put together." - Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge
Nancy
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:51 pm Reply with quote
AXL wrote:
I Just updated the software to the latest version. A re quest from Lorne and generally a good thing to do. Feel free to use the forums, but I lost the thirdeye theme and I'm in the process of recreating it.

The feed back is good. Especially some of the browser information.

- alex

Alex,

I'm using the thirdeye color scheme with Firefox. Things seem to be mostly back to normal now, though the little icons by each forum that tell you whether there are new posts are asterisks instead of the cute little feet. I assume that's part of what you are working to restore. Just thought I'd give you a little more feedback. Thanks for your work on the site, BTW. We appreciate it.

Isaacism, 2009
AXL
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 20 May 2004 Posts: 8 Location: Taos
Sorry for the downtime

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 12 May 2004 Posts: 4246 Location: Montreal
Alex,

Thanks for the update.

My desktop Mac doesn't show the pages properly when I use Explorer, but works fine with Netscape.

To All,

The newest version of our forum software is primarily to improve security and keep out SpyBots. The new registration process will now filter out auto-generated usernames and keep this place clean. Plus, it'll save me lots of time previously spent checking and deleting one goddamn fake name after another after another.

If any other changes/improvements are included I'll let y'all know.