Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Television  ~  Alternate Universes

grace
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:45 pm Reply with quote
With Mr. Echo meeting Locke and the subsequent sizing up going on between them, I wonder if Jack and Locke are going to start getting along better. Because they know each other and out of necessity have arrived at some sort of working relationship, will Jack and Locke sort of tag team on Mr. Echo? Or what if Locke and Mr. Echo get together? Wonder how that's going to shake out.
Earl
Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Pangs wrote:
I enjoy the tension between Jack and Locke, and usually find myself pulling for Locke.

I usually pull for Jack, but I enjoy them both.

grace wrote:
With Mr. Echo meeting Locke and the subsequent sizing up going on between them, I wonder if Jack and Locke are going to start getting along better. Because they know each other and out of necessity have arrived at some sort of working relationship, will Jack and Locke sort of tag team on Mr. Echo? Or what if Locke and Mr. Echo get together? Wonder how that's going to shake out.

Yup. Sounds more and more like Survivor with the two groups merging and alliances forming. Except Lost does this thing infinitely better than Survivor.

I was looking at the other group and seeing counterparts. Ana Lucia is the day-to-day leader a la Jack. Mr Echo is the serene guru a la Locke.

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 May 2004 Posts: 1397 Location: Pacific Northwest
Does anyone watch Invasion? I have discovered that it is a great show to work out to; very creepy and intense, so keeps the adrenaline pumping - a bit slow going but so far I am enjoying it.
Nancy
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first episode of Invasion, but couldn't really get into it. I may have to give it another try, though.

Isaacism, 2009
Nancy
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:24 pm Reply with quote
I frinally succumbed to Amazon.com's blandishments, and pre-ordered the DVD of Serenity. Can't wait for it to get here so I can watch it again.

Isaacism, 2009
Earl
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for the short notice...

Tonight's Veronica Mars, which starts in about 10 minutes, features a reunion of Buffy the Vampire Slayer stars Charisma Carpenter and Alyson Hannigan.

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Not reading this until the next day, I can only say "Thanks, buddy. Thanks a lot." Cool

-Topher
lotang
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Thank god once again for Tivo.

I truly love technology.

And has anybody been watching Surface. I confess that I have a special little place in my heart for silly ridiculous shows but the last two episodes really jumped the shark for me. First an uncontrolled ascent from the bottom of the ocean should have killed them and secondly even if they had survived the cold of the Pacific should have killed them. Yet they live... who writes this stuff???

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Joe Vitus wrote:
Not reading this until the next day, I can only say "Thanks, buddy. Thanks a lot." Cool

Then aren't you glad I taped it?Question

Seriously, I don't know if you watch Veronica Mars. I don't recall us ever discussing it. But the next time we meet for a movie I can bring it if you're interested. I'll have to watch it myself first, of course.

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:59 am Reply with quote
This last week's episode of Lost ended on a very chilling note. Was it a time-stop continuum thingy? Dad? *brrrrr*

Also, I'm just catching up with the brilliant Nip/Tuck. I'd say that Alternate Universe is the definitive category for this show. I'm about 4 eppy's in and am hooked. Ugh, make that, I like this show.

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:51 am Reply with quote
Last week's episode of Invasion ended on a very stupid note. One more idiotic sequence like that and they've lost me.
grace
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
This last week's episode of Lost ended on a very chilling note.

I took it a different way -- yes, chilling, but also a little hopeful. Hopeful as in, Walt's possibly alive, and reaching out, trying to get back to his dad.

To be really silly, what if the hatch on the other side of the island is hooked into this hatch via an intranet? (Even though using the computers for anything but putting in the combination is verboten, we learned this week.) What if the initial setup of the island was an expensive behavioral study? The purpose might be to find out how long subjects will follow these semi-complex directions before they start to think for themselves and/or question authority.

But I'm always way off base, so Walt is probably hopelessly lost somewhere in the ether.
ehle64
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:01 am Reply with quote
Maybe not as off base as you think, grace. If you go here:

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3377&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

This guy has come up with an elaborate theory for what's really happening on Lost. Some people have an awfully lot of time on their hands.

I also think the communication from Walt could be viewed as hopeful, but it also might have been a temptation. As you said, they're not supposed to use the computer for anything but punching in those blasted numbers.

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:17 am Reply with quote
Earl wrote:
Joe Vitus wrote:

Then aren't you glad I taped it?Question

Seriously, I don't know if you watch Veronica Mars. I don't recall us ever discussing it. But the next time we meet for a movie I can bring it if you're interested. I'll have to watch it myself first, of course.

If you're willing to loan it, I'd much appreciate it. I've never watched Veronica Mars. I miss the Buffy cast.

-Topher
grace
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:46 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the link, ehle. I feel better that someone else spends more time thinking about a TV show than I do.