Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Film Forums  ~  The Lobby

lshap
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 12 May 2004 Posts: 4246 Location: Montreal
Wade,

There's no secret Masonic lodge within Third Eye, and I'm not sure what you find so hysterical about people who've known each other for years emailing each other.

I can't speak for anyone else's correspondance, but I emailed Tim a little while back just to say hi. We caught up on personal shit and I brought him up to date on the goings on within the site. It would be vastly understating things to say I'm glad he's back.

I would do the same with you if you left.
censored-03
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 24 May 2004 Posts: 3058 Location: Gotham, Big Apple, The Naked City
I'm not too stupid not to know that I'm one of the "shitheads"...and the refreshed and reloaded Mr. Brownstone, along with the newly unctuous magnanimisnous of his last few posts, has apparently very quickly bypassed this new phenomenon by once again pointing an accusing finger! Evidently he has already reverted to the exact thing he said he left here for in the first place. Ironically his MO is similar to those he accuses...after his mellow posts he usually finds a way to blow-up or attack and make a fool of himself, quite like Marc, myself and others do on occasion. We're human right? Take it Behind the Curtain. If nothing else I've learned this might make the newbies more comfortable in here.

yambu
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Marilyn wrote:
.....You are almost metrospiritual but you need a few more notches on the hipness meter before you can consider yourself a true metrospiritual.....
Excuse me, but what the fuck is a metrospiritual? Am I one?
yambu
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:24 pm Reply with quote
marantzo wrote:
Brownie, I wasn't excusing Marc. By the way, I never saw the post that pissed you off. I must have been on the road.
You were driving the Salt Flats at the time.
censored-03
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:27 pm Reply with quote
My last post was cut and pasted so damn many times that I fucked it up...the guy just pisses me of.. I meant to say he bypassed the new phenomenon of his unctuous magnanimousness by.... Shit. Brown was a schmuck to me from the word go at NY Times and I won't forget it.

Marilyn
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 May 2004 Posts: 8210 Location: Skokie (not a bad movie, btw)
*sigh*

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 12 May 2004 Posts: 4246 Location: Montreal
Censored,

1) Don't post when you're angry. It makes you sound like the last guy in line during a round of broken-telephone.

2) Marc's volley of words directed toward Tim months ago was really ugly. Seriously, venomously personal, and unprovoked. Marc later took account and apologized for the attack, but his words had lasting consequences.

3) Can we please get past this accusational crap already?
marantzo
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Many non-Canadians on here (well maybe the Brits should be included with the Canucks), are creating a toxic atmosphere for no good reason. Lorne is right. His taste in movies is suspect, but he's right about this.
Mr. Brownstone
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:24 pm Reply with quote
"This is hysterical and very telling. I sure as shit can't believe all of the on-line "camaraderie" and the off-line, e-mailing, instant messaging, telephone calling backstabbing. Stab away. What twats!"

Wade:

Billy's phone message consisted entirely and only of inviting me to come see his show in New Jersey. I never responded to the phone message (yet), but afterwards I just got to thinking about Third Eye and how much I missed the dynamics here. That's why I returned. There was no "backstabbing," or even any discussion of Third Eye AT ALL.

Man, you're paranoid.

I wanted my return to be a positive experience for me, and at least not a negative experience for anyone else. I'm trying hard here, guys. I expect the vituperative belching from some, but jeez, when people who welcome me back in one breath turn right around and call me a "twat" for something they only imagined happened...

Whatever. I like movies and music and sometimes TV. Anybody else?

"My name is Gunnery Sergeant Major Highway. And I have drunk more beer, pissed more blood, banged more quiff and knocked more skulls than all you numbnuts put together." - Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge
ehle64
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Brownstone wrote:
Over time I realized, mostly through lorne's emails and then a completely unrelated phone message from billy about his Jersey show (the phone message is what actually prompted my return), that it was silly of me to let a couple of emotionally irresponsible shitheads deprive me of the pleasure, insight and comraderie so many of you have provided.

I won't deny being paranoid, but not about what people in here think of me. The way you worded that paragraph leads me to believe that your use of the word camaraderie was a joke. That's why I laughed. I also welcomed you back because I sincerely was glad to see your return. I thought "twat" would have been a funny enough term, I wasn't really joking, but I also really couldn't care less. It's just funny, ya know? Plus, I watched a bit of Mean Girls today after I visited my 93-year old neighbor who has been moved into an assisted-living highrise in the Bronx and was feeling a bit teen-bitchy. As one is want to do.

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:47 pm Reply with quote
"I won't deny being paranoid, but not about what people in here think of me. The way you worded that paragraph leads me to believe that your use of the word camaraderie was a joke."

It wasn't. Some people in here (well, two) are shitheads. There are many with whom I feel a strong camaraderie. Third Eye is not an indistinguishable amorphous groupthink mass. I can differentiate between the cool kids and the House of Suck. I wanna hang with the cool kids.

"I also welcomed you back because I sincerely was glad to see your return. I thought "twat" would have been a funny enough term, I wasn't really joking, but I also really couldn't care less. It's just funny, ya know?"

I guess I don't get the joke when you're being so nebulous about your own view - "I'm glad you're back, but getting a phone message from Billy makes you a twat, but that's just a joke, but maybe it isn't, but I don't care either way you take it."

Get a journal, dude.

"Plus, I watched a bit of Mean Girls today after I visited my 93-year old neighbor who has been moved into an assisted-living highrise in the Bronx and was feeling a bit teen-bitchy. As one is want to do."

Yesterday I got compared to Will from Will and Grace. As one who has dedicated his life to attempting to be Mickey Rourke, this was a devastating blow. So while I will claim I NEVER feel "teen-bitchy," I can't pretend I never have.

"My name is Gunnery Sergeant Major Highway. And I have drunk more beer, pissed more blood, banged more quiff and knocked more skulls than all you numbnuts put together." - Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge
ehle64
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:54 pm Reply with quote
You funny man. OOOooohh, and so succinct. Ta, gotta go and make a journal entry.

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:58 pm Reply with quote
lshap wrote:
Censored,

1) Don't post when you're angry. It makes you sound like the last guy in line during a round of broken-telephone.

2) Marc's volley of words directed toward Tim months ago was really ugly. Seriously, venomously personal, and unprovoked. Marc later took account and apologized for the attack, but his words had lasting consequences.

3) Can we please get past this accusational crap already?
The dude (Marc) was actually standing up for me which Brownie couldn't abide by. How's that for telephoning Lorne Question Exclamation

censored-03
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:05 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I can differentiate between the cool kids and the House of Suck. I wanna hang with the cool kids.
Better go to a hair metal show then...that'll fix everything up, including straightening out your parameters on appreciation of the arts that now are measured by that inane schlock-fest of an "art"-form that seems embedded in your tiresome ying-yang psyche. Nothing "cool" about that.

tirebiter
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:47 am Reply with quote
Just stopping by to say that I don't hate anyone on these forums.

Except the Canadians. They are shallow people, shallow and lacking in any kind of intellectual rigor or human value or hygiene.

I also hate Albanians. Are there any Albanians who post regularly here? If so, I hate you.

So. Those are my Turn-Offs. My Turn-Ons include long walks in the Autumn, rayon nighties, and candle-lit dinners with just we two when it's raining outside. Write Clammy at box #3446; include a photo.