Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Film Forums  ~  Couch With A View

shannon
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:48 pm Reply with quote
You got me wrong. I eat the hell out of some meat. Just the idea of deep frying some plain ol' skin, that's kinda disgusting to me. Don't know why, really. Same reason I won't eat a strawberry unless it's in some yogurt or something. The texture. Ewwww.

Don't eat bbq ribs, either, but that's because I don't really like bbq on anything except some pork.
Marilyn
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 May 2004 Posts: 8210 Location: Skokie (not a bad movie, btw)
Cooked skin. Ummmmm, ummmmm, ummmmm. Razz

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:56 pm Reply with quote
About a week ago, I had a guy I'd never met before, friend of an acquaintance, ask me if after I scratch my ass, do I smell my hand afterwards to see if any of the stink got on it. I thought that was kinda weird.

Then one time when I was leaving Walmart, the old lady that they had standing at the doors welcoming told me to have a nice life. That freaked me out.
shannon
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Yesterday we took Madison to the park for some excercise. Didn't work. Park has a fenced in soccer field on the outskirts. Maddie stood at the fence yelping. Wanted to play soccer with the Mexicans. They ignored her. Finally, to distract her, we had to sit her in out laps and take turns swining her on the swing set. She likes that. She also likes to slide down the slides. Does that herself. Doesn't even need help climbing the steps.
lshap
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 12 May 2004 Posts: 4246 Location: Montreal
Shannon - Be careful -- you're starting to sound like a character out of The World According To Garp. I mean, if someone walked into Walmart with fingers smelling of their own shit I'd wish them a good life too.

And who's Madison? Kick me if I'm totally wrong, but you don't have kids so I'm guessing she's your niece, right?
shannon
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:15 pm Reply with quote
No, she's my dog.
Marilyn
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Maddie!

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:23 pm Reply with quote
There's Maddie as me avater if y'all wanna see what she looks like.
Marilyn
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:25 pm Reply with quote
She's very cute! Where's Wendy? Where are you? I'm tired of looking at people's dogs.

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:38 pm Reply with quote
--*LOL @ Maddie!!!*
Marj
Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Maddie is so cute it hurts.

I think I'm in love!
censored-03
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:47 am Reply with quote
Joined: 24 May 2004 Posts: 3058 Location: Gotham, Big Apple, The Naked City
Ghulam

I went to school with one of Diana Oughton's sisters way back in the 70's. This was after the 11th street accidental bombing. She was an interesting girl, but not a radical like her sister.

I have been working on a film treatment tentatively called Susan: An American Terrorist for over 6 years (on and off) on paper and over 20 years in my head...about a fictional character based on her famous (once) sister. I have always taken the approach to this story as if it were to be made with a Hollywood budget and Hollywood/indy story-line. The hardest part for me has been to end the damn thing, considering I have put the ending at the beginning ala Lawrence Of Arabia (and we all know Hollywood demands a strong ending).

The original "terrorist" was such an interesting and complex personality and mid-century icon. I couldn't resist. When that movie you just wrote about came out last year I went to see it at the Film Forum here in New York. I thought to myself...maybe it's time to push this project a little bit. I always thought that to disect just one of the S.D.S Weather Underground characters would be a far more interesting subject for a film than a documentary about the whole group. I was surprised to see anyone was still interested in the subject matter. It has never been that widely told a story considering the immensity of these peoples plans/plot !

My treatment takes us from her 1950's childhood as a daughter of the rich and well-to-do through her education and volunteering in South America's farms and slums to the eventual political firestorm of the late 60's and....

censored-03
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:54 am Reply with quote
Joined: 24 May 2004 Posts: 3058 Location: Gotham, Big Apple, The Naked City
Jenifer

Back in the old days at the NYTimes there was quite a heated discussion about MacNamara and The Fog Of War

I was not at all impressed with him or his ignorant world-view. If Ivy League automatically means someone is intelligent how do we explain "W" ?

Ghulam
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:42 am Reply with quote
Censored,

Individual members of The Weather Underground, just like the members of Black Panthers and Chicago 7, were so interesting, accomplished and complex, that their stories, properly told, would, I think, make more satisfying movies than docs about the movements as a whole.

I liked The Fog of War, not as a revisionist history of the Viet Nam war, but as a character study of an old man who is recounting his experiences, his slants, his excuses and his failures.
jenifer
Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:24 am Reply with quote
Hope things have been good for you.

Hi, Chilly --

Things have been good in that (a) God loves me, (b) my husband loves me, (c) I'm healthy, and (d) I am on billing.

Unfortunately, what I hoped was the light at the end of the tunnel has in fact turned out to be an oncoming train. So here we go again ...

At this point my goal is to be able to schedule my work hours in such a way that we can make the 5 PM show of Farenheit 911 at my local cinema this Friday.

I'll poke my head up again when I get another break in the action. I just hope it won't be a case of "the nail that sticks up gets hammered down!"