Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Television  ~  It's Not TV -- It's HBO!

lshap
Posted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 12 May 2004 Posts: 4246 Location: Montreal
Ground Zero for the best shows on television...

Last edited by lshap on Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
billyweeds
Posted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Who thinks Tony B. is toast? I devoutly hope not, but Tony S. has to make that decision. He will be genuinely torn in ways he didn't approach with Big Pussy. Tony B. was his closest friend, almost his brother, and moreover sacrificed himself for Tony S. The question of icing Tony B. is not all that simple, not all that simple at all.

And don't forget that Chris--Tony B.'s major competitor for Tony S.'s affection and the heir apparent--has proved himself one of the loosest cannons in the pack.
lissa
Posted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:26 pm Reply with quote
I also hope Tony B doesn't go the route of the other wonderful guests on the show...he showed a lot of promise for permanence. But it looks like Tony S is going through the kind of turmoil he experienced when he first suspected Pussy of flipping.

Chris, btw, was none too upset, and rather pleased to be the messenger this week, did you notice? He saw TS's turmoil and knew how it would affect him...but what do you want to bet he got on the other side of the door and did a "Yeaaaaaaah!" with his triumphant fist in the air..?

Posted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:53 pm Reply with quote
lissa--Chris certainly wouldn't be at all sad to see Tony B. get whacked. And how sick is that, after Tony B. went out of his way to help Chris get back in Tony S.'s good graces not too long ago. Chris has really turned me off this season, while still retaining some residual affection from seasons past. How great is Michael Imperioli, BTW, to integrate the really repulsive aspects of Chris's personality into the lovably punkish kid we've come to like for years? How is it that I still think he's kinda cool even after he beat Adriana when she was still recuperating, and spends so much time trying to get rid of adorable Tony B.? That's Imperioli's doing, and we mustn't underrate it.
Ghulam
Posted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I don't see how Tony B can last. Whether he is done in by Tony S or the New York clan is the question.
Jynx
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I don't think Tony B. or Chris-tu-fah are going anywhere .... as a fatter of mact, I have been saying (once again) that I think Tony S. is going to make Chris whack Adriana.

He's on to something, and my gut says it's the Feds. Adriana is going to wig out soon; this can't keep going on -- Feds -- Chris -- Feds -- Chris. She will have a major malfunction, bigger than the cacking scene, soon.

I still think a major, major character will be offed before the end of the season. Not a Tony B. or a recent releasee, but a long-term character. My vote is still for Meadow. It doesn't have to make sense, what it does have to do is make us tune in next season.

I loved the Gloria scenes with her playing Dr. Melfi ... who I think Tony will boff sooner than later ... but the 'father' scenes were stupid. Tony has never had an issue with his dad, it's always been Livia.

Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:36 pm Reply with quote
"I think Tony S. is going to make Chris whack Adriana....I still think a major, major character will be offed before the end of the season. Not a Tony B. or a recent releasee, but a long-term character. My vote is still for Meadow."

Is Adriana NOT a major, major character? I agree she is in line to be whacked, and, yes, probably by Chris. But Meadow? No way in the world.[/quote]
Jynx
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:43 pm Reply with quote
I think they're going to wait till the beginning of next season to off Adriana. She might be the cliffhanger, and as far as Meadow, like I said, it doesn't have to make sense, it just has to make us tune in.

In the end though, I think they're all going to be dead ... and Carmella will wind up in Italy with Furio.

Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:46 pm Reply with quote
It's never been "Sopranos" style to create cliffhangers from season to season. Or anything used just "to make us tune in." In any case, 'twill be interesting to see exactly who gets whacked. Someone important will. Just hope it's not Tony B.
Jynx
Posted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:04 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY we agree ... Wink

Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:26 pm Reply with quote
I wish you would post your feelings about last Sunday's episode here on this site rather than at the NYTimes. I agree completely with you but wonder why you failed to communicate your opinion here. Care to share?
lissa
Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 4:36 pm Reply with quote
There is something in the trailer for tomorrow's show, that has the FBI agent asking Adriana to "tell us what you know"...and she's looking, as she has in recent months, as angst-filled as always. Something's gotta give...

I'd hoped Furio would return somehow, even if it meant through news of his having been beaten up by Tony's connections in Italy, for ogling the Boss's wife. Furio was too good a character to just leave like that, running scared...sure he had every right to be scared, but I had hopes he would hang around or at least come back. Maybe with some different shirts...

Chris is going to watch TS take care of TB (though I REALLY REALLY hope not) and regain his confident--no, scratch that, his SMUG demeanor as to his position in the Family.

I can...and I can't...wait for tomorrow....'cause there are only 2 *sobs* left till the end of the season... Crying or Very sad

Posted: Sun May 23, 2004 2:48 am Reply with quote
billyweeds wrote:
I wish you would post your feelings about last Sunday's episode here on this site rather than at the NYTimes. I agree completely with you but wonder why you failed to communicate your opinion here. Care to share?

Billy, this new site had not opened, I could not post in the old 3rd-i site even though I tried different ways to register and post, so I posted in NYT as well as Salon.com sites. I got positive responses from some Salon posters. They have some very bright posters, but I can't post links to them here because of copyright considerations.
billyweeds
Posted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:11 am Reply with quote
Have no idea how to use the "quote" feature.
Melody
Posted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:16 am Reply with quote
Lissa & Billy,

Your incredibly insightful comments, particularly concerning last week's dream sequence episode, are now poofed from the other TE site and I was hoping you guys saved them and could repost them here. I want to revisit last week's ep and would like to have your comments at the ready when I do so. And of course I didn't save them when I saw them. You'd think I'da learned that by NOW!!