Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Music & Theatre  ~  Rock n' Roll, Rap n' Crap

unohoo
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Y'all are some funny mofo's f'rill.

I'm sort of on the Velvet Revolver bandwagon in hoping that they bring back some of the cock/balls that rock music seems to have left behind in the last couple of years. Next Tuesday should be great with Velvet Revolver and the M-O-B-B droppin' another gem on 'em.

That new single "Got it Twisted" is ridiculous, figures Mobb Deep would find the most haunting part of "She Blinded Me With Science" and make into that sweet dark hip-hop they've been making for years.

Finally bought that "Best of Bowie" a couple of days ago and I'll be damned if Bowie isn't one funky white dude. I was gonna just get the "Let's Dance" cd and be through with him on some old nostalgia trip, but I guess I've heard these songs subliminally through movies, and commercials more recently and I guess I was expecting something a little more trippy and slightly more melodic but a lot of this stuff is centered around a cold-ass groove so the kid digs big time. I don't know if I read it or heard it but apparently Bowie hates the "Let's Dance" phase and next to the older stuff it does seem a little stiff but "China Girl" still rocks.

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:38 pm Reply with quote
unohoo -

Yeah, Velvet Revolver sounds like it's going to bring back the hard rockin' that's been missing from the airwaves. Black Label Society is another band that's done a good job of that, but not as big as VR is going to be.

As for Bowie, I think out of the 3 or so Best of Bowie CDs that have been released in the last 10 years, they all have the best hits from the Thin White Duke. I've got most of Bowie's CDs, and like the Let's Dance through Never Let Me Down era, but see some like Earthling and Outside as great music.. just not classic Bowie.

I even liked some Tin Machine, but I'm happy it is no more. But China Girl vs. Blue Jean... I'll take Blue Jean... it's such a cool song and a bit out there.... even for Bowie.

Marc
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:44 pm Reply with quote
THE DARKNESS hav the cock rock thing down solid. And they don't take themselves too seriously.
Mr. Brownstone
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:18 pm Reply with quote
"I thought brownstone was a good choice for moderator because he has lots of energy and passion...and a sense of humor. Moderators are sometimes needed to pick up the pace in a flagging forum. Anybody interested in being a sub for brownstone?"

How about MR. FUCKING BROWNSTONE, who's been lurking almost every day, briefly skimming just to make sure no discussions got out of hand, and meanwhile, is putting his shit back together one step at a time?

I'm still a long way from recovering, and I'm still struggling in a variety of ways, but every hour since I hit what for me was rock bottom has gotten just a little better.

So, I still may not be posting much, but I'm here, just to make sure there are enough "cocksuckers" and "motherfuckers" and hair metal posts to meet the required quotas.

Thanks again for everything, guys. You guys have been the absolute best. Unforgettably, unspeakably empathetic, and I can't say enough thanks. I'm blessed to have you guys in my life, even just over the web. A lot of your posts have been in my head (and in some cases hard copies in my hands) as I have been dealing with all this bullshit.

Oh, by the way, VH1 is currently broadcasting "The One Hundred Greatest Moments in Metal." I expect everyone to tune in immediately. It's helping me as I negotiate my financial life over the phone to look up and see David Lee Roth's grinning mug as his giant Satan stage prop shoots Jack Daniel's out its weenie and into the crowd.

Saw the Velvet Revolver video. It's game over for emo and garage rock, bro's. VR is going to tear shit up.

In closing, as I said, I don't know how often I can post while I deal with this bullshit, but I'm pulling my shit together one, um, piece of shit at a time, and will continue to check in to make sure no one is discussing medieval music and Shannon regrains from jizzing all over jpegs of Mandy Moore.

"THEY PUSH ME IN THE CORNER
TRY TO GET ME TO FIGHT BUT...
THEY WON'T TOUCH ME....
I SCREAM AND YELL AND FIGHT ALL NIGHT BUT...
THEY WON'T TOUCH ME...

'CAUSE I GOT THIS FEELIN' THAT'S BEEN BUILDING UP INSIDE
I'M SO FUCKIN' GONE!

THEY'RE OUT TA GET ME!!!!!!!
THEY WON'T CATCH ME!!!!!!!!!!
I'M FUCKIN' INNOCENT!!!!!!!
THEY WON'T BREAK ME!!!!!!!

THEY BREAK DOWN MY DOORS
AND TRY TO RAPE MY WIFE BUT...
THEY WON'T TOUCH ME....
THEY PUSH ME IN A CORNER
AND FIGHT ALL NIGHT BUT...
THEY WON'T TOUCH ME

'CAUSE I GOT THIS FEELIN' THAT'S BEEN BUILDIN' UP INSIDE!
I'M SO FUCKIN' LIVE!!!!!

THEY'RE OUT TA GET ME!!!!!!!!!!
THEY WON'T CATCH ME!!!!!!!!!
I'M FUCKIN' INNOCENT!!!!!!!!
SO YOU CAN SUCK ME!!!!
SO YOU CAN SUCK ME!!!!!!!!!!

Take that one to heart."

"My name is Gunnery Sergeant Major Highway. And I have drunk more beer, pissed more blood, banged more quiff and knocked more skulls than all you numbnuts put together." - Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge
Marc
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Tim,

I was hoping my post about finding a sub for you would smoke you out. Keep lurking cocksucker. But, I'm hoping to see your snout in here on a regular basis. It ain't the same without you.

Love and peace, Marc
djmnyc
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 29 May 2004 Posts: 10 Location: New York/Costa Rica/Private Idaho
Wink I knew it. You say goodbye, you mean hello. HELLO!
Kate
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 May 2004 Posts: 1397 Location: Pacific Northwest
Damn, I was just going to ask about any real good celtic music like the Anonymous Four (or is it three).
ehle64
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Noone even cares about the concert I attended tonight. Cept me. Oh boy was it great!
Marc
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:44 pm Reply with quote
what concert?
ehle64
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:45 pm Reply with quote
psst. . .

Marc
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:46 pm Reply with quote
ehle went to a Linda Ronstadt concert.
ehle64
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Marc wrote:
ehle went to a Linda Ronstadt concert.

and i wanna b da new moderator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marj
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:20 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to hear about the concert, Wade.
chillywilly
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:36 pm Reply with quote
ok MR. FUCKING Brownstone,

If you're lurking, then you have to say you went out and listened to at least one VR song on the VH1 and MTV sites... let me know what you thought... and if you were like me and couldn't resist listening to the whole album. Oh, BTW, both links let you listen to the whole album or each track... just had to explore the players better... I was too excited posting)

Good to see you and posting. Keep lurking and posting the GnR lyrics. AFD was one of the CDs that went camping this last weekend.

chillywilly
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:39 pm Reply with quote
so is Linda Ronstadt still dating Jerry Brown, or was that just a political stunt??

Marj... I got the paper you sent me. Thanks. Much apprec.. return postage is in order.

Have I mentioned anything about VR yet on this board? Wink