Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Film Forums  ~  The Lobby

Befade
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Sickening

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Need some comic relief? This cleverly employs a film some of you may have seen...

(Live look at the White House bunker where Trump is trying to stop the counting of ballots....)

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1324078979775684608
knox
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:33 pm Reply with quote
delete
Befade
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, Knox

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:01 am Reply with quote
PRESIDENT-ELECT BIDEN!

I think I'm the first to say it.
Oh well, Nancy Pelosi beat me to it.

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:45 am Reply with quote
And VP-elect Harris. She gives me confidence that the two of them can repair a lot of the damage Trump is walking away from (or being dragged away from in a straitjacket, maybe). They won't be able to get everything put back together, but it's a good start.

Funny that he's so infuriated by imagined Democrats "rigging the election" when he and other Republicans have been doing everything possible to discourage Democratic voters, including sabotaging the US Postal Service. I guess he figures that when you're the president, they let you do it.
gromit
Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:58 pm Reply with quote
I like Jimmy Carter still around to congratulate Biden.
They go way back to the 70's.

Last edited by gromit on Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:13 pm Reply with quote
So glad my daughter can witness a woman become veep. And one I think will make us proud.

On a sadder note, RIP Alex Trebek.

Tirebiter is probably mourning.

What a mensch Trebek was. And man he really did glorious battle with his illness. Went out like a champ. My uncles died too early in my life, and Alex, who resembled one of them, was like a good sub for a while, always there at 6pm daily with his gracious and kind presence.

And I was still playing the Dr No theme repeatedly on the piano, for Mr Connery. Now I switch to the Jeopardy! jingle. My spouse will go crazy.

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:23 am Reply with quote
Bart & Knox, just to let you know that Elba is experiencing a general failure, and your account is only suspended in as much as the site is moribund for the moment. You probably got an email from Josh, but in case you didn't, or didn't see it, I thought I'd pass along some vague reassurance.

I thought maybe my attack on Justice Alito was deemed too harsh.
Kidding. But I did think that my using many different Japanese & Korean proxy servers, and jamming on refresh instead of doing the captcha verification might have caused me to get (automatically) suspended.

It's at least good this happened after the prez election.
Though the NBA trade, draft and free agency all kick in this week, so the key week of the NBA offseason for those who participate in the Knicks and NBA forums @ Elba.

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:18 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12887 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
The networks have finally called the last two states, Georgia and North Carolina. So Biden 306 Electoral Votes, Trump 232. Still two or three recounts to go, but they're all over 10,000 votes, and Wisconsin's over 20,000, and Trump would have to win all three to get an electoral vote tie. Ain't gonna happen. Recounts don't change that many votes.

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Gromit, thanks. I had no problem over at Elba. Able was I... to sign in this morning.

Recounts are political theater. Just to cast shadows of doubt with the true believers. Just hope they don't get violent as their cult unravels.
gromit
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Which is why they are pursuing a bunch of "vote fraud" lawsuits.
One theory is that Trump's folks are trying to delay swing state certification to try to push things into a more nebulous area where the deadline for unchallenged electoral slates is past. it's all Hail Mary stuff, and with Rudy in charge you know is destined to be half-assed and farcical. (Have to admit that i just think of Four Seasons Total landscaping and start laughing -- it's so bush league and the dildo shop and crematorium just complete the absurdity).

The main working theory seems to be all this kerfluffle keeps Trump's base agitated (instead of depressed) and helps trump keep a hold on their allegiance. While at the same time the grift is in, raising money for a vote challenge fund which mostly goes to Trump himself and will likely pay his lawyers in various litigation and charges he'll face. The idea is those dual concerns are why Trump continues to whine and contest, while basically knowing the jig is up and he has a miniscule chance (1%) of powering through to a 2nd term.

Fortunately Trump is to ill-disciplined and distractable for him to do too much mischief in the next two months. Though they are trying to lease Arctic drilling rights, embed Trump loyalists into the civil service so they are hard to fire, and I'd guess something Iran related is to come.

I keep waiting to see what favors Trump does for Putin and Bibi on his way out.

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:15 pm Reply with quote
gromit wrote:

Bibi has already written a welcome note to Biden, so I'm thinking he's on the 45 shit list. But who knows?
Befade
Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:18 pm Reply with quote
They aren’t taking down the Trump signs and flags on my street. One house put up Christmas decorations already. Maybe Trump season will give way to holiday season.....I can hope....

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:12 pm Reply with quote
billyweeds wrote:
gromit wrote:

Bibi has already written a welcome note to Biden, so I'm thinking he's on the 45 shit list. But who knows?

Bibi has to look out for the future since Biden is likely to be the next Prez. Trump Admin understands and can overlook that. Also, not just Bibi, but Trump needs to do some payback to Adelson, Bibi's main sponsor, for his $100M support, since Trump might need to tap Adelson again later.

Well, didn't take long, less than a week:
- Pompeo visited an Israeli settlement (a first for a top US official), and to add insult, right near Ramallah where the Palestinian Authority is based
- during which Pomp announced that stuff made in the West Bank by settlers could be labeled Made in Israel for US sale
- and Pomp declared that the BDS boycott movement was anti-semitic

That's a pretty nice haul for Netanyahu.
Might still be more to come ...