Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Film Forums  ~  The Lobby

bartist
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:43 pm Reply with quote
No FB account, so I'll probably peek in here now and then. Well, definitely now, since all moments we experience are in the eternal Now, as our mind traverses the block universe of spacetime.

The spouse finally saw Moneyball (at my urging) and loved it, and this seemed the perfect week to watch. Math is your friend.

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Syd wrote:
I've created a Facebook page entitled "Third Eye Film Society" which I invited most of you to. If I missed you, please let me know. I invited a lot of friends whom you've never heard of. Please be polite; I care about these people.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Movie/Third-Eye-Film-Society-Pazhayannur-1187067734688667/

Is it this page? J/K

Seriously, well done, best wishes. Like Betsy, I'm not a FB fan, but that doesn't mean I don't send positive vibes to the new launch. Which perhaps can be picked up with one's....third eye.

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:05 am Reply with quote
OK, well, I think this is why people leave. You post a couple things, and one is a specific response to another member. Then your post just hangs there, as if it's some sort of faux-pas. No "Thanks for the well-wishes, Bart, and thanks for taking the time to make some constructive suggestions on rebuilding Third Eye and spurring some action... " And no acknowledgement or response to the fact that four members have replied that they don't do Facebook. Sorry, but this doesn't work for me.

I removed my lengthier post on how Third Eye could be opened up, because I decided it's not something I wanted forwarded to Marc. If he wanted to open the place up, and have a real admin member here, he would have done it.

Oh well. Take care.

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:50 am Reply with quote
Bart, you should email Lorne. He's the one who has all the admin controls and such. Marc is not involved and has zero interest in what goes on here. I don't think Marc has anything to do with this site anymore or any levers of control.

You have PHP/message board knowledge. I think Lorne & yourself could sort things out easily. I have no idea why Lorne couldn't get admin privileges over to Syd. It sounds easy enough, but I don't know how this stuff works.

The only way forward here is to get all the powers and control from Lorne to either you or Syd, since Lorne rarely comes here. Lorne and Marc have zero involvement here, and any control they have needs to be shifted to one of the folks still extant.

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12887 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Lorne is getting a message that he's blocked when he tries to log in.

Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Marc owns it. He has what PHP calls "founder permissions." For anyone to do much here, he and he alone has to activate such permissions for a surrogate. I traded emails with Lorne some time ago, and he made clear he doesn't know how to pull the levers, and lacks founder permissions -- that's why he can't get Syd geared up. I'm sure Syd could do fine with PHP, given his background in science and (I'm guessing) IT related stuff. Billy talks to Marc, iirc. Also, if Lorne is blocked on logins, then someone somewhere put in some sort of IP block, or an email domain block or some other little filter beastie which needs to be removed. AFN. Good luck.

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:34 am Reply with quote
Marc is a reasonable guy. He's just moved on.
Can't we simply ask Marc to transfer Founder Permissions or Admin Control or whatever to either Bart or Syd? Wouldn't that bypass Lorne and get things back on track?

Marc Campbell is on facebook. Billy is in touch with him. Just need to let Marc know we're trying to sort some things out here and need him to do something technical to free us up.

We can sort this out. Always solutions.

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:46 am Reply with quote
While Third Eye is still working, I'd like to thank the members who sent birthday greetings to my Facebook page--because I don't go into Facebook anymore, and today I checked it for the first time in months (if not years). I had problems opening it, but I was planning to put in a comment about our power to evict Trump & co. I'm still working on that. (And Billy, I liked your photos in Cafe du Soleil, which is one of my favorite delivery sources--I'm glad to see that it's open for dining, but now that the weather is colder, that might be brief.)
Syd
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:02 pm Reply with quote
RIP Sean Connery. Man, that hurts.

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:01 am Reply with quote
gromit wrote:
Marc is a reasonable guy. He's just moved on.
Can't we simply ask Marc to transfer Founder Permissions or Admin Control or whatever to either Bart or Syd? Wouldn't that bypass Lorne and get things back on track?

Marc Campbell is on facebook. Billy is in touch with him. Just need to let Marc know we're trying to sort some things out here and need him to do something technical to free us up.

We can sort this out. Always solutions.

I will contact Marc.
bartist
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Syd wrote:
RIP Sean Connery. Man, that hurts.

Yes. He was a craftsman. I mean that in the sense that I can't recall any roles where he didn't take care and do the work, or dropped the ball. Trying to recall non-Bond roles of his I liked as much as his iconic Bond.

Untouchables (the iconic knife to gunfight speech) (really his entire amazing and very human perf)
The Name of the Rose (the movie had problems, but would need to see again to say more)
Marnie? -- been too long
The man who would be king
Outland (possibly underrated Connery perf)
Zardoz (so weird, but Connery somehow managed impossible dialogue with grace)
The Old Guy who's Sexy with Catherine Zeta Jones (a guilty pleasure, whose title escapes me atm)
The last Crusade (Indy's dad, perfect)
Finding Forrester (a nice Salinger-ish take)

Others will come to me later. His physical grace onscreen, his overall presence, is what stars are made of.

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Marc is being denied access.
Marc
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm in.
Syd
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Marc wrote:
I'm in.

Lorne was trying to set me up as an administrator a few months ago and it didn't work. I'd like to if only to get rid of the bots and add new members.

Also, he's been getting a message that he's banned when he tries to log in. I have no idea how that's possible.

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:07 am Reply with quote
bartist wrote:
Marc ... has what PHP calls "founder permissions." For anyone to do much here, he has to activate such permissions for a surrogate.

I traded emails with Lorne some time ago, and he made clear he doesn't know how to pull the levers, and lacks founder permissions -- that's why he can't get Syd geared up. I'm sure Syd could do fine with PHP, given his background in science and (I'm guessing) IT related stuff.

I really don't know how all of this works. But Bart is familiar with the PHP message board software.

It sounds like if Marc can transfer Founder Permission over to Syd (or Bart), then they'd be good to go. Or second best, if at least if Syd was set up as Administrator.

I am completely clueless how this is done -- just trying to clarify the issue.