Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Television  ~  Alternate Universes

knox
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:33 am Reply with quote
Sounds fun, quite a cast. France McD is the voice of God. Jon Hamm as Gabriel. If it's on Amazon, might have to wait a while before they release it from their greedy little paws. I've got Netflix and PBS Passport, and that's all the streaming I'm doing for now. Wait...just checked, it's out on Blew Ray on Nov. 5th. Well, if it involves the AntiChrist and/or Armageddon, then that will be either far more or far less relevant on Nov. 5, 2020.
carrobin
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:31 am Reply with quote
Don't forget Benedict Cumberbatch as Satan, irritated with his disobedient teenager. Now I'm wanting to watch it again (my friend who copies movies off the Internet sent me a disk).

By the way, the book is also terrific. Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett at their best.
Syd
Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12651 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
I've got a temporary free subscription to Amazon Prime, so I got to watch "Good Omens," which I loved, and season 4 of "The Expanse," which was the best of the four seasons. Currently watching "Carnival Row," which had entirely too many plot lines in the pilot but is improving. The name actor is Orlando Bloom who winds up with a knife at his throat from an ex-girlfriend because, frankly, he deserves it. Ultimately, we have two human societies warring over the remnants of the Fae, and neither of them is doing all that well. Since one of them is actively genocidal, I tend to sympathize with the side that doesn't advocate mass murder, if there is such a side. My main problem is that the Orlando Bloom character, a hotshot detective, is an obvious imbecile.

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:36 am Reply with quote
If you got Amazon prime and didn't watch Borat 2 right away to determine for yourself if Rudy Giuliani was just "tucking my shirt in, " then you are a high-minded gentleman.

Have heard praise for The Expanse, so you're tipping me in the direction. Plus I could happily erase Thomas Jane as I recall him in "1922" and see him on a better side of the law. Brr.