Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Film Forums  ~  The Lobby

bartist
Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:48 am Reply with quote
Lady Wakasa would be pleased. IIRC, her enthusiasm for Korean film was such that she would travel to Pusan for their film festival. Have no opinion on the winner until we get round to seeing it.

Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Masks are mandatory here if you want to enter any if the few shops open. I was out for a few hours yesterday and had my forehead temp scanned twice and my wrist once, just to be admitted into an office building and a Carrefour.

To enter apt buildings and alleyway communities, you need to show your ID and have your name and ID recorded. That way if any case occurs in that housing area, they know which outsiders entered in the past few weeks, and can quickly contact trace them.

China doesn't do things halfway.

Most folks I know are working from home. Even though the extended holiday has ended, most places I know don't plan to open until Feb 20 or later, and even that is provisional.

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I didn't follow A-scam-edy Awards this year, but...did Dark Waters not get any nomination at all?? A brief googling says no. Oscar and I are so over.

Still haven't got round to Parasite, but started watching Bong's earlier Korean-language film "Mother," which I guess I was in no mood for and bailed after about 40 minutes. Seemed utterly preposterous and silly and I just couldn't see the point at all.

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:31 pm Reply with quote
bartist wrote:
I didn't follow A-scam-edy Awards this year, but...did Dark Waters not get any nomination at all?? A brief googling says no. Oscar and I are so over.

Still haven't got round to Parasite, but started watching Bong's earlier Korean-language film "Mother," which I guess I was in no mood for and bailed after about 40 minutes. Seemed utterly preposterous and silly and I just couldn't see the point at all.

I haven't seen "Mother," but people love it. People tend to love most of Bong's films with a passion I can't understand. I think he's okay but nothing more. I agree that "Dark Waters," Mark Ruffalo, and especially Bill Camp were robbed.
Syd
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12570 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
bartist wrote:

Try Memories of Murder. It's his best film.