Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Film Forums  ~  The Lobby

gromit
Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Hey Billy.
As an XMas present, I want to buy tickets for Hamilton for my niece and mother. The actual performance can be in January or whenever. My niece lives in NYC and my mother in NJ is retired so can go anytime. I just wnat to give my mother the tickets for Xmas.

But
1) I wasn't sure how/how easy it is to get tickets (I'm not too concerned about the price, though don't want to get absurd). Any advice on getting tickets?

2) if I can't get Hamilton tickets, is there anything else on Broadway this Winter which you'd recommend?

I really think my mother, who used to be a school teacher, would love Hamilton. My father just finished reading a bio of Alexander Hamilton, but I think he isn't interested anymore in a 45 minute trip to NYC to see a play.

Any info/advice appreciated . . .

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:28 am Reply with quote
Gromit--I have no help for you on Hamilton. Haven't been able to see it myself as yet though it seems everyone I know has seen it. I can't begin to afford the tickets, which can range into the hundreds of dollars a pop. I try once in a while to score lottery tickets but haven't been successful thus far.

As for other shows on Broadway, I can wholeheartedly recommend The Book of Mormon which is fall-down-funny, and the revival of Oklahoma! which closes January 19 but is groundbreaking and very different from any other production of this much-produced show I've ever seen. I've seen it twice and absolutely love it.
gromit
Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:16 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply.
Book of Mormon sounds pretty good.

For an Xmas present $400 for 2 tickets is acceptable, though pricey/silly.
$500? Yikes. Er, maybe .. I guess. But that might just get you into the theater and not even a good seat. Gad, things have gotten expensive.

I'm hoping I can leave this up to my niece to work out and I just fund it.
But it's good to have a backup option (Book of Mormon) in case Hamilton is too difficult to arrange. Thx.

Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:23 am Reply with quote
Amusing comment on UK election...

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/75302672_10156845566861275_3476921436524773376_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=UPK7KcjavFoAQlMzzc5SaU5LGQbpNxCeSdeZcYb6mORAUCSfyQ_b5nNCQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=73d4e5183197cde77032f705e85ecc15&oe=5E80E50E[/img]

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:25 pm Reply with quote
https://www.npr.org/2019/12/07/785725498/opinion-this-art-is-bananas
Befade
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Gee......it’s curious that the republicans are convinced that the democrats have been planning to impeach trump from the moment he was elected. It’s so unfortunate that they could never impeach Obama because that’s what they wanted to do from the moment he was elected. Does it all come down to jealousy?

Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:19 am Reply with quote
Befade wrote:
Gee......it’s curious that the republicans are convinced that the democrats have been planning to impeach trump from the moment he was elected. It’s so unfortunate that they could never impeach Obama because that’s what they wanted to do from the moment he was elected. Does it all come down to jealousy?

That's been on my mind too--it's as if nobody remembers McConnell saying that his goal was to prevent Obama from getting a second term. Unfortunately for the Republicans, Obama never committed a high crime or misdemeanor.

Another thing that bugs me is when the Republicans keep saying that the Democrats want to reverse the choice of 63 million Americans who voted for Trump. Why doesn't anyone mention the 66 million who voted against him--and for Hillary?
Befade
Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Makes me sick.

Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:38 am Reply with quote
Here's a short film I'm in and of which I'm particularly proud. Only takes about 13 minutes to watch. Go for it if you've a mind to.

https://tinyurl.com/tox66h4
Syd
Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:00 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12887 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
carrobin wrote:

That's been on my mind too--it's as if nobody remembers McConnell saying that his goal was to prevent Obama from getting a second term. Unfortunately for the Republicans, Obama never committed a high crime or misdemeanor.

McConnell wasn't talking about impeachment.

Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:58 am Reply with quote
billyweeds wrote:
Here's a short film I'm in and of which I'm particularly proud. Only takes about 13 minutes to watch. Go for it if you've a mind to.

Great! Sweet finale.
billyweeds
Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:03 pm Reply with quote
knox wrote:
billyweeds wrote:

Great! Sweet finale.

Thanks!
bartist
Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:49 am Reply with quote
I loved Wandering Mind. Might watch it again. The reality shift is handled deftly and the ending poignant.

Meanwhile, RIP Lolita.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/dec/29/lolita-sue-lyon-stanley-kubrick-dies-aged-73

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:36 am Reply with quote
bartist wrote:
I loved Wandering Mind. Might watch it again. The reality shift is handled deftly and the ending poignant.

Meanwhile, RIP Lolita.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/dec/29/lolita-sue-lyon-stanley-kubrick-dies-aged-73

Thank you so much. And yes, RIP Lolita. Did not know this.
bartist
Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I posted this at Elba, too...

And this is worth breaking through a paywall for:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/people-are-seeing-cats-while-high-out-of-their-minds-these-are-their-stories/2020/01/05/d0ebfb3a-2beb-11ea-bcb3-ac6482c4a92f_story.html

This promises to be my favorite news story of 2020, unless a pretty powerful contender manages to usurp it in the next 11 months, 24 days. [/url]