Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Film Forums  ~  The Lobby

gromit
Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Hey Billy.
As an XMas present, I want to buy tickets for Hamilton for my niece and mother. The actual performance can be in January or whenever. My niece lives in NYC and my mother in NJ is retired so can go anytime. I just wnat to give my mother the tickets for Xmas.

But
1) I wasn't sure how/how easy it is to get tickets (I'm not too concerned about the price, though don't want to get absurd). Any advice on getting tickets?

2) if I can't get Hamilton tickets, is there anything else on Broadway this Winter which you'd recommend?

I really think my mother, who used to be a school teacher, would love Hamilton. My father just finished reading a bio of Alexander Hamilton, but I think he isn't interested anymore in a 45 minute trip to NYC to see a play.

Any info/advice appreciated . . .

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:28 am Reply with quote
Gromit--I have no help for you on Hamilton. Haven't been able to see it myself as yet though it seems everyone I know has seen it. I can't begin to afford the tickets, which can range into the hundreds of dollars a pop. I try once in a while to score lottery tickets but haven't been successful thus far.

As for other shows on Broadway, I can wholeheartedly recommend The Book of Mormon which is fall-down-funny, and the revival of Oklahoma! which closes January 19 but is groundbreaking and very different from any other production of this much-produced show I've ever seen. I've seen it twice and absolutely love it.
gromit
Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:16 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply.
Book of Mormon sounds pretty good.

For an Xmas present $400 for 2 tickets is acceptable, though pricey/silly.
$500? Yikes. Er, maybe .. I guess. But that might just get you into the theater and not even a good seat. Gad, things have gotten expensive.

I'm hoping I can leave this up to my niece to work out and I just fund it.
But it's good to have a backup option (Book of Mormon) in case Hamilton is too difficult to arrange. Thx.