Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Film Forums  ~  The Lobby

Befade
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Bart...there was a rap group that just performed on the Grammys. They sang about the travel ban, etc. and referred to President Agent Orange.

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:09 am Reply with quote
Joined: 30 Oct 2014 Posts: 278 Location: Winnipeg: It's a dry cold.
I'm going back to Winnipeg tomorrow.

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:40 pm Reply with quote
How were things in Colombia?

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Befade wrote:
Bart...there was a rap group that just performed on the Grammys. They sang about the travel ban, etc. and referred to President Agent Orange.

A Tribe Called Quest, and Busta Rhymes provided the President Agent Orange lines.
Befade
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:02 pm Reply with quote
And Bart was the first to come up with that name!

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:22 am Reply with quote
Heh. Not likely. I think Michael Stipe was calling him that, back in late 2015. Over the thing about Trump rallies using an REM song without permission.

And looks like they fired another Flynn. Messy for Trump, if they can link Flynn's illegal message to the Russians to Trump. Flynn Jr. got fired from the Trump team a while back for his bogus Pizzagate tweets. The tree doesn't fall far from the apple.

(that last one, I did make up...)

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 30 Oct 2014 Posts: 278 Location: Winnipeg: It's a dry cold.
Befade wrote:
How were things in Colombia?

Didn't go to Colombia. Marta went two days later to Atlanta when I was there. She went to her sister, husband and two children. I went with her to eat at a good restaurant in the afternoon. I went to see her at her sisters house a few times and had a nice times with her. Then we all went to dinner about 9. Marta, her sister Adris, husband Luis, me, Dylan and his wife Laura. We had a good time together, but the next day Marta flew to Seattle to see her brother and his wife. For some strange reason, she didn't want to see me. I wrote to her and said she is not worth anything anymore. I said goodbye.

She has three ways of belief. Loving, annoying and hating. What a strange women she is.

Befade, I have to find a very good women so I can have a real lover. Oh well!

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:49 am Reply with quote
I've heard Arizona women are hot.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:07 pm Reply with quote
I've been known to be hot. ......

That's why I swim a lot.....

Some of us have been lucky in love....

And some of us not.....

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Very interesting Trump press conference today. Sometimes he sounded demented, and sometimes he sounded like a rational person. He's still bragging about his electoral votes (a reporter called him out on his claim that he'd received more electoral votes than any candidate since Reagan--giving names and numbers--and he shrugged it off by saying he'd been told, he didn't know). It was an interesting performance and he seemed to be enjoying the attention and the chances to vent about the media.
billyweeds
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:02 pm Reply with quote
carrobin wrote:
Very interesting Trump press conference today. Sometimes he sounded demented, and sometimes he sounded like a rational person. He's still bragging about his electoral votes (a reporter called him out on his claim that he'd received more electoral votes than any candidate since Reagan--giving names and numbers--and he shrugged it off by saying he'd been told, he didn't know). It was an interesting performance and he seemed to be enjoying the attention and the chances to vent about the media.

Yes, once in a while he sounded rational. But far more often he sounded paranoid, delusional, and demented. We must impeach asap.
carrobin
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Paranoid to the max. If it's not the media trying to bring him down with Fake News, it's that darn Hillary who is trying to get revenge for her Terrible Loss. As for the Russians--nothing to see here, move along.
bartist
Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:18 pm Reply with quote
If I were Trump, even if I wasn't already somewhat loony, having the bulk of the US intelligence community against me would definitely turn the dial way up on my paranoia. Basically, anonymous ops took down Flynn. Donny has to be wondering who's next. His angry tweet about where are all the leaks coming from did have a kernel of truth. Flynn's demise is not how these kinds of matters are usually handled. Congress is supposed to get the intel and then proceed from there. I am guessing the anonymous agents decided Congress was in an advanced state of paralysis, so they would skip the formalities and go straight to the media.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:32 pm Reply with quote
As some of the newsfolk were mentioning today, Trump brought the hostility of the intelligence services on himself. He started the feud--maybe when he realized that being Leader of the Free World didn't give him carte blanche to do whatever he liked--and I suspected that they would let him know who was really running things.
bartist
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:18 am Reply with quote
NYT piece this a.m. on the possibility of a Deep State revolt against Trump (compares it to the Deep State in Egypt that resisted Morsi - some interesting parallels there) had me thinking about what scenarios might play out that would not involve impeachment but would still undermine his power.

And, though I don't usually consider Rolling Stone much of a news magazine, this recap of the press conference had me laughing pretty hard....

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/18-wtf-moments-from-trumps-unhinged-press-conference-w467518

I liked the moment where Trump assumed that the black reporter would know everyone in the black caucus in congress. Because, like, all the brothers and sisters know each other, right?