Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Film Forums  ~  The Lobby

bartist
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:16 am Reply with quote
gromit wrote:
Instead of feeling the Bern, you should climb that Hill.

Ewwww.

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:37 am Reply with quote
In a military sense (we'll climb that hill when we get to it) not a sexual one, you prevert.

It's not like billy really wants to feel Bernie. Though weeds is pretty passionate ...

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:19 pm Reply with quote
I think I've figured out the Trump appeal. Obama has been a pretty good president, and the country is doing a lot better now than it was when Dubya handed it to him, but good presidents are boring. Some people like a little excitement. Threaten to start a war. Insult the guys who are supposed to be in charge. Kick some ass and make locker-room jokes about the nerds nobody likes. Winninggg! Let's hope we have more grownups at the polls when the time comes.
bartist
Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:41 am Reply with quote
Yep. Remember when Barry Goldwater relieved boredom in the 60s? It's entertaining, until you get in the booth and picture the guy actually in charge, with his finger on the button. I see Trump defended his, er, tower, in the latest debate.

And in keeping with Godwin's Law, there's the Hitler parallel thing that's gone fairly viral. Never a dull moment.

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:36 am Reply with quote
Vanity Fair: Trump Kept a Volume of Hitler's Speeches By His Bedside

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Oh dear. I'll give Donald the BotD on that one. Sorta like the thing with fellow Repuglicans saying he wants to round up all the Muslims and deport. What he actually called for was a temporary suspension on issuing entry permits, IIRC. He's a buffoon, but he ain't Hitler and this ain't Weimar Germany. But man, Godwin's Law holds up nicely.

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12893 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Bernie seems to be sweeping the plains states (including Kansas by a 2 - 1 margin), and Cruz is doing awfully well in caucuses. I'm a bit surprised he did so well in Maine. Hillary still got more delegates today than Bernie because she won Louisiana by a large margin.

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:37 am Reply with quote
Looks like The Rube was the big loser -- tallying between 8% - 16% in his 3rd place finishes (and even 4th in ME).

What's actually interesting is how poor Trump's memory for detail and recall is. He confuses things all the time. So he thinks his Jewish friend gave him Mein Kamf, when the friend isn't Jewish and it was really a book of Hitler speeches. Or he assigns the total trade deficit all to China (confusing his #'s). He does it all the time. That and his inability to logically link ideas together or make coherent arguments. he sounds basically semi-educated.

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:46 am Reply with quote
Joined: 20 May 2004 Posts: 6916 Location: "It's a Dry Heat."
Syd wrote:
Bernie seems to be sweeping the plains states (including Kansas by a 2 - 1 margin), and Cruz is doing awfully well in caucuses. I'm a bit surprised he did so well in Maine. Hillary still got more delegates today than Bernie because she won Louisiana by a large margin.
Bernie seems to do very well where white people caucus.

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:22 am Reply with quote
Joined: 30 Oct 2014 Posts: 278 Location: Winnipeg: It's a dry cold.
Well this isn't about a movie, but about a woman. My wife, who I haven't seen for about four years and Marta and I started writing to each other and phoned me every day. She always wrote about how she loved me. Of course I loved her to. When I got here on Fed. 24 we loved each other for about 6 days and for some reason she didn't like me any more and I was nice to her all the time. Then she only liked me but she said she never told me that she loved me. Well I sent many of her emails that she wrote me, to her computer so she would remember what she said to me full of loves and wonderful things we would do when I came to Medellin. When she read it on her computer she realized what she wrote. And she said she loved me the first 6 days, that for some reason she didn't know that also. To put it mildly I hate her, but she certainly doesn't remember things. When she met me at the airport we hugged and kissed and she told me how much she loved me. Another thing she didn't remember.

I'll be going back to Atlanta in about another week. I wish I stayed in Winnipeg, but she loved me. Laughing She loves herself and she's sort of crazy. What a horrible time I've had.

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:02 am Reply with quote
Not a movie, but you might have a country music song there.

Long-distance marriages are a real struggle, from what I've seen.

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:14 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12893 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
whiskeypriest wrote:
Syd wrote:
Bernie seems to do very well where white people caucus.

That's more true for Cruz, who does best in closed caucuses. Bernie does best where white people vote in primaries. I think he may also tap into a populist streak in this part of the country.

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:55 am Reply with quote
Never in my wildest fantasies did I ever dream I'd be rooting for Ted Cruz. But, Trump happened.

Of course we're talking about the primaries only. I'm in the tank for Bernie. Of the Rethugs, I would really be for Kasich. But if it's Cruz v. Trump, go Ted!!!
Befade
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Gary.....This kind of thing should not happen to you or to anybody. People need to treat each other with respect and honesty.

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:50 pm Reply with quote
marantzo wrote:
She loves herself and she's sort of crazy. What a horrible time I've had.

Really sorry to hear of your hard time.
Believe me, I empathize.
'Sort of crazy' women can drive you up a wall. I stuck with one for a long time; finally gave it up for a truly wonderful woman -- Mitty on this forum.
I hate to be brutal, but you should consider the possibility of getting out while you can. Otherwise, it sounds to me like you will be in for a very long agonizing future with no reward.
Very best wishes
Charles