Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Television  ~  So what's on...?

bartist
Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:27 pm Reply with quote
knox wrote:
Amusing, well plotted Person of Interest this week - I liked the confusion for the team on which direction the jury was being turned, and the resulting improvisations. I had a feeling when they went back to the original crew, that they would need Lionel. The subplot with the cute shrink had some interesting undercurrents, even if neither Reese nor the doctor are going to cross the line. I think Reese needs to "drop by" and see Zoe again sometime. All work and no play...

Looks like Reese solved that ratio problem, in the last episode. First, Kathyn Winnick flirts her head off with him, then the shrink runs her professional ethics through the shredder and goes in for a round of mutual face eating. If you're tall, expressionless, and mumble a lot, women find you irresistible. And the deep emotional scars help, too.

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12887 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Oh come on, Bones. Good episode, but I figured out in the first ten minutes who the murderer was and what his motive was.

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I hope Billy knows that Michael Keaton is the host of SNL tonight.
bartist
Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:28 am Reply with quote
NM

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Quite an interesting mess, on The Good Wife...backstabs and misunderstanding, Alicia barely skates over voter fraud ice, feds nab Bishop, Kalinda tears another hole in the sheetrock and gets the hell out of Dodge. I hoped maybe her ex's mummified corpse would be seen inside the wall, but no resolution there.

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 30 Oct 2014 Posts: 278 Location: Winnipeg: It's a dry cold.
The Good Wife ls always a mess of some kind, but you are right that it is even more of a mess in this last episode. I always like watching The Good Wife, but could certainly do without her children. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that they have stuck children in these serious shows in the last few years so they can get the women to watch it. Of course, mothers are the ones to like the children. Razz

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Is anyone keeping up with "Mad Men" anymore? There are just two episodes left before it ends for good. This season started off with some indications that Don Draper was getting tired of what he'd considered a successful life, having been divorced by the lovely Megan (whose mother vindictively hauled away all the living-room furniture), but he pulled himself together last night for a big effort at keeping the agency independent, only to find that it wasn't a workable deal. Interesting things are happening with Joan and Roger as well, and I'm going to be sad to see this series go. But considering how often and how long it's disappeared over the past few years, it won't be that hard a blow.
billyweeds
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:36 am Reply with quote
Late to the party but must comment. I will miss Mad Men a lot even though it disappears a lot. Very invested in what happens to Don, Peggy, Joan, etc. Especially Don, though. I want him to be happy n some way. I love the guy.

As for The Good Wife, yes, if they don't resolve what happened to Nick (the ex) I am going to be good and mad.
bartist
Posted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Finale of Person of Interest tonight. The Dominick/Elias subplot has sort of lost my interest, but am eager to see how Harold et al will rescue the Machine, now that it has nobly thrown itself at a bullet.

Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:18 am Reply with quote
Joined: 02 Aug 2004 Posts: 1359 Location: Way Down Yonder.......
Love Person of Interest. I was kinda sad to see Elias killed.....after all, he is the one that avenged Carter. The idea of the Machine being "in the wires" was a fabulous one, imo. But really...the core fits in that little case?? Even with the compression algorithm...really?!

We're binge watching Fringe on Netflix. Yes, finally succumbed to Netflix. Smile We're in the 5th season.

Is Don (Mad Men) really just going to ride off into the sunset? /sigh/
bartist
Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:27 am Reply with quote
Hi, mitty. I was also sad to see Elias go. Colantoni always does layered characters, what I've seen of him. I wasn't surprised by the compression of Machine, given that all they captured was a "dna strand" and not all its memories or functionality. VLSI chips, now, can store vast amounts of data on small boards, so it didn't seem too much of a reach.

I saw a few Fringe eps, didn't quite get sucked in to a Fringe-binge. For some reason, Anna Torv (sp?) always, to me, looks like she smells something. But the multiple versions of people thing looked interesting....just hard to make sense of who is who, when you don't watch sequentially.

Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:25 am Reply with quote
"Person of Interest" just keeps on developing. I was disappointed that Shaw didn't turn up in the finale, but it seems that everything else did. Elias was one of their excellent good/bad characters and I was sad to see him go (and annoyed that Dominick escaped), but besides our heroes rescuing the Machine, my favorite bit was Control vs. Greer. He's going to be sorry he didn't kill her outright, I'm thinking. She's ruthless and determined and now she's on our side. And she's angry.
bartist
Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:10 am Reply with quote
Had some inkling that Shaw wouldn't turn up, due to noticing some brief in a magazine about Sarah Shahi having a baby. Definitely not a Shaw thing, motherhood. Yes, I'm glad the force of nature, aka Control, is on our side.

I liked the humorous note (Wallace Shawn, his dials turned up to Full Obnoxious) on which The Good Wife ended, alloyed with the sad note of Kalinda hitting the road. Sorry that Matthew Goode can't partner with Alicia, but apparently he wants to shtup her too much. And, of course, look what happened to prior shtupper, Josh Charles, so maybe he's being prudent.

I was a little surprised at the firing of Canning's wife, given that Diane is smart enough to know how to feed misinformation to a spy or potential spy. Just give her trifling casework and, if anything might involve the rival firm, keep her away from the actual files and just "leak" disinformation to her. But maybe they figure anyone married to Canning is too clever for that to work. Canning marries Cunning, I had to type that but at least I didn't steer towards the sexual puns that might be derived.

Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:27 am Reply with quote
"Mad Men" had its penultimate episode last night, and it left a lot of drama waiting to come to a head next week. With Don happily on the road (riding the rails? hitch-hiking?) and off the grid, will he come round to find out about Betty's cancer diagnosis and prepare himself for parenting the kids, or will he walk away and leave them to their stepfather? Will he wrest his millions out of the agency, or shrug it off and move to a tropical island? (I was disappointed to hear that Joan had left--I was looking forward to seeing her take on the big guys and show them what a woman scorned is truly capable of.)
carrobin
Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Just read that Harry Shearer is leaving "The Simpsons" and apparently takes Mr. Burns, Ned Flanders, and Principal Skinner with him. A dispute over his contract, although he'd get millions for two more years. I still miss Phil Hartman--how will they cope? Think of the children!