Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Television  ~  Alternate Universes

carrobin
Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:56 pm Reply with quote
So us Whedon fans are "geeks," are we? If I were a geek I'd have conquered my iPhone by now. And Fillion should get billing equal to Harris, IMO. But the video clip is great--Dr. Horrible is adorable.
Syd
Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:55 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12889 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
SYFY's showing the Canadian series "Lost Girl" about the adventures of a succubus in a world of fae. She can kill humans by draining their life force, leaving a smile on their faces. It appears this works on women as well as men. From the premiere, acting's not going to be a strong point, but eye candy is. There's a physical examination that confirms our protagonist is a very healthy young succubus.

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quote
I saw promos for Lost Girl, but did not pick up on the succubus part. (Should be an easy sell to the hubby.)
Earl
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Hi, folks! Sorry for my long absence.

Has anyone here commented on the fact that Anthony Stewart Head has a damn good supporting role in The Iron Lady yet? He plays one of Maggie's Cabinet ministers.

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:48 am Reply with quote
Sorry, my ass! I demand an apology and an explanation. Or at least one entree at Oishi.

-Topher
Earl
Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:38 am Reply with quote
Joe Vitus wrote:
Sorry, my ass! I demand an apology and an explanation. Or at least one entree at Oishi.

Why are you apologizing to your ass? Have you disappointed it recently?

Anyway, I choose the latter option. How about a movie also? Can't recall the last thing we saw. We met that one time at Starbucks near the end of he year when both of us were broke and operating on gift cards we'd received. (Good thing, those cards, because neither of us had the cash.) But we didn't see a movie that night. Was 50/50 the last thing we saw?

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:55 am Reply with quote
I remember you stopping by here to comment on 50/50, which I also much liked.

Quote:

It could also be a poetic statement regarding the condition of his ass. As in, e.g., "Achy, my head!" or "Tired, my feet!"

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Earl wrote:
Hi, folks! Sorry for my long absence.

Has anyone here commented on the fact that Anthony Stewart Head has a damn good supporting role in The Iron Lady yet? He plays one of Maggie's Cabinet ministers.

I think I may have made that comment on the films forum. I didn't realize he was in it until there was a clip on TV with him sitting beside her. Not a good enough reason to run out and see the movie, but if it comes round on TV, I'll check it out.
Joe Vitus
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:11 am Reply with quote
Earl wrote:
Joe Vitus wrote:

Anyway, I choose the latter option. How about a movie also? Can't recall the last thing we saw. We met that one time at Starbucks near the end of he year when both of us were broke and operating on gift cards we'd received. (Good thing, those cards, because neither of us had the cash.) But we didn't see a movie that night. Was 50/50 the last thing we saw?

My ass has never disappointed me or anybody else! Yes, 50/50 was the last thing we saw. And, yes, gift cards are a precious gift at the end of the holiday season. I'm getting over being sick this weekend, but I'll contact you before next.

-Topher
Marj
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Feel better, Joe.
Joe Vitus
Posted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Thanks. (Only February, and I've been sick twice! Grr...)

-Topher
Syd
Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:38 am Reply with quote
Lost Girl's still going strong in its second season (which the Canadians saw long ago). They're already shooting the third season. I like the blend of humor, sexuality and mortal terror. In the show I'm currently watching, Kenzie has drunkenly cursed chick magnet Dyson with the curse of Baba Yaga, which means every woman he meets (outside of Bo and Kenzi) either (1) want to spit on him, or, if they are in the same room for more than a minute (2) want to kill him. I don't see the problem here.

Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:06 am Reply with quote
I suspect that we're missing something in the States. For instance a scene toward the end of the episode about the Mare; it resolves pretty abruptly.

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:16 am Reply with quote
Gee, I wish we had one of them Mongolian Death Worms.

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:10 am Reply with quote
Alas, Syfy has dropped part of the Lost Girl marathon in favor of a Warehouse 13 marathon. I have some episodes of Lost Girl to catch up on and I'm pissed.

I may have to get Hulu Plus to catch up on those lost episodes of Bones. And there's an 8-day delay on new episodes on the free service.