Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Television  ~  It's Not TV -- It's HBO!

Marj
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:26 pm Reply with quote
That's really interesting, Betsy. Thanks.
Trish
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:06 am Reply with quote
Watched Gasland - more reason to despise Cheney and his Minions
Trish
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Any True Blood watchers out there?
Marj
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I tried one episode, Trish. I can see it's a good show, but not enough of my taste to stay with it. I'm not big on vampires and the like.
billyweeds
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Same here, Trish. I know people who love it, but one episode was enough for me. I haven't ever seen Interview with the Vampire or the Twilight movies, either, or even the reportedly terrific Let the Right One In. Not big on vampires, me.
Marj
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Trish, I had a long talk with my cousin today. She lives in Paris but loves American TV and absolutely loves True Blood. So based on your recommendation and her pushing and prodding, I'm going to give it another try.
Trish
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:50 am Reply with quote
Marj wrote:
Trish, I had a long talk with my cousin today. She lives in Paris but loves American TV and absolutely loves True Blood. So based on your recommendation and her pushing and prodding, I'm going to give it another try.

Its tough to start watching now if you haven't seen season 1 and 2 but by all means try. It can be pretty crazy and the dialogue rather hammy at times. Its hillarious and outrageous at moments with several very attractive and delicious men (and women)
Marj
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Trish.
Marj
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Thanks to RCN giving a few days of free Starz, I've been able to catch up with Gravity. Last night I watched it as a marathon - something I love doing and found myself happily addicted to these characters. As much as I enjoyed Starved, I'm enjoying this even more.
billyweeds
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Marj wrote:
Thanks to RCN giving a few days of free Starz, I've been able to catch up with Gravity. Last night I watched it as a marathon - something I love doing and found myself happily addicted to these characters. As much as I enjoyed Starved, I'm enjoying this even more.

Unfortunately it has not been renewed. Did you get to my scene yet? It's in Episode 8, I think.
Marj
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Billy - I saw you and I saw Dolores. You both did yourselves proud.

I'm a bit confused by the last episode. But even if you can't help me out with it, I have to say, I thought the entire show was terrific. I had this feeling in my gut that Eric's character was some kind of mysterious detective right from the start. I'm so glad he wrote in a shocker at the end.

This was certainly his best series so far. What a shame it's not getting picked up.
billyweeds
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:57 am Reply with quote
Marj wrote:
Billy - I saw you and I saw Dolores. You both did yourselves proud.

I'm a bit confused by the last episode. But even if you can't help me out with it, I have to say, I thought the entire show was terrific. I had this feeling in my gut that Eric's character was some kind of mysterious detective right from the start. I'm so glad he wrote in a shocker at the end.

This was certainly his best series so far. What a shame it's not getting picked up.

I totally agree.
bartist
Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:26 pm Reply with quote
I have a blind spot about vampires, too. Similar to the one I have for Tokien-ish fantasy and wizards/witches in general. I guess if it were free, and I had so many pharmas in me that I couldn't talk, read, walk, or play laser-pointer games with the cat, then I might consent to watch a vampire film or tv show. I gather that these things, like True Blood, have a strong undercurrent of eroticism, which must be part of the appeal. And, as mentioned above, the theme can be a usable vehicle for comedy. Otherwise, you just have centuries-old undead beings that prey on beautiful young women....and we've had Larry King doing that for quite some time.

(sorry to go to so much trouble to make a Larry King joke...but not sorry enough to delete...)
ehle64
Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:15 pm Reply with quote
nilson - i never knew you had a dog -- cute.

i heart True Blood -- the ending of Season 2 was brill.

Nurse Jackie is for me one of the best shows on television. I can't wait for Season 3 and wish they had a part for me.

Marj -- best of luck on your surgery... love ya sweety!

To the rest, sorry for intruding, but I read up occassionally. To the person who was talking about Solondz? to leave out "Welcome to the Dollhouse"? perplexing.

Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Wade. Keep that thought, though. It's not until the end of August.