Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Film Forums  ~  The Lobby

Marc
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Facebook has gone viral with Dennis Hopper youtube clips.
bartist
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:40 pm Reply with quote
A terrific artist. I'll miss him.
Joe Vitus
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I had no idea he'd been battling cancer. RIP Dennis Hopper.

-Topher
marantzo
Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:01 pm Reply with quote
To all the Americans on here, have an inspiring Memorial Day.
mirgun
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Hi everybody.. Sorry I haven't been keeping in touch. Again,thank you for the birthday wishes,
Hehhehee I don't bite but I've been really pissed off , my deal with a potential buyer fell through, so my apt. is back on the market.But we've decided not to spend any more time away from each other, so I've been packing for the big move to Austin. I gave my notice at work last week but they need time to replace me, and I don't want to burn any bridges. So, hopefully by mid June or so, I'll be out of here. Between going to work, packing at night, I haven't had time to review any movies I've seen.Well, that's my update. Now, do I take my belly dancing outfit to Austin, or my platform boots from 1976, or my Peter Max hot pants from 1970 something?? ahhahaaa , of course..

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:43 pm Reply with quote
All the best Mirgun. I'm very happy for you and Marc.. It's so good to have real good things happen for members on here. There have been too many bad things happening to some of our members this last year.

My CBS TV feed on the internet is from Austin. It's been in the 90's for over a week and shows no sign of letting up. Pack a bunch of bikinis.
Marj
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:09 pm Reply with quote
I resemble Gary's statement. All my best to you and Marc, Mirgun. I hope you're both going to be very happy.
Joe Vitus
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:42 am Reply with quote
You take all of them, Mirgin. There's a place to wear all of them in Austin. I think you'll set records for Texas heat when you arrive.

Sucks about the apartment deal falling through, so I hope you find a taker, soon.

-Topher
bartist
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:20 am Reply with quote
This might almost make up for Waterworld....

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/05/19/2010-05-19_gulf_oil_spill_bp_oks_tests_of_kevin_costners_invention__device_to_clean_oil_fro.html
gromit
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:23 am Reply with quote

http://www.theonion.com/articles/costner-tests-watercleaning-device-in-gulf,17486/

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:38 am Reply with quote
Those of us, rare on these forums, who adore KC will find this no surprise. Waterworld was bad but not as bad as The Postman by a long shot. These are two bad Costner movies which people love to cite in dissing him while conveniently forgetting Bull Durham, No Way Out, The Upside of Anger, A Perfect World, etc. Well, this new development may gain him some long-overdue respect, as long as he doesn't give interviews in his Robin Hood accent.
marantzo
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:38 am Reply with quote
I only saw bits of The Postman when I would surf by it on TV, but I saw the whole of Waterworld. Got a kick out of the Smokers, lead by Dennis Hopper, but the movie was not good and had the worst ending I have ever seen, which took this listing vessel to the bottom.

I wasn't all that impressed with Costner in Bull Durham, preferring Tim Robbins performance. And the little speech Costner gives to (my good friend) Sarandon about his what he likes (that seems to be a favourite clip of everyone), is cringe worthy. Not his fault though, he didn't write it. I agree with the other three, Billy, especially The Up Side of Anger.
bartist
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I was joking about Waterworld (which, BTW, had a nice OTT perf from the late great Dennis Hopper), and am more an admirer of KC than detractor. I think it's great that he and brother Dan went and risked a pretty good chunk of change on such a speculative dream idea. If it turns out to actually work, it will need to really pump a much larger volume than Randy Quaid's centrifuge (ha, ha, Gromit). And if it does work, seriously, be prepared for all the Field of Dreams jokes that will ensue. (maybe even working in some kind of pun about "Black Socks" or what have you)

But, hey, I'm a guy who thought Mr. Brooks was witty and funny and clever.
billyweeds
Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:50 pm Reply with quote
bartist wrote:
I was joking about Waterworld (which, BTW, had a nice OTT perf from the late great Dennis Hopper), and am more an admirer of KC than detractor. I think it's great that he and brother Dan went and risked a pretty good chunk of change on such a speculative dream idea. If it turns out to actually work, it will need to really pump a much larger volume than Randy Quaid's centrifuge (ha, ha, Gromit). And if it does work, seriously, be prepared for all the Field of Dreams jokes that will ensue. (maybe even working in some kind of pun about "Black Socks" or what have you)

But, hey, I'm a guy who thought Mr. Brooks was witty and funny and clever.

Mr. Brooks was terrific, one of the most underrated films of recent years, and of course another underappreciated Costner turn.
Syd
Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:55 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12895 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Sorry, wrong forum.