Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Television  ~  So what's on...?

ehle64
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:12 pm Reply with quote
i fucking dig grey's and private, but haven't seen this weeks efforts.

for grey's it is all bailey and sandra oh with a bit of calliphongenia? thrown in for good measure -- SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOO unbelievably glad that blondie's gone

i really disagree about addy though, i heart PP

Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12887 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
There's a lot of Lexie, too. I like Lexie.

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:11 pm Reply with quote
i found it hysterical that she (or they) changed Lexie to be the blonde

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:04 am Reply with quote
Excellent Damages tonight. I have a few ideas about who killed Tom. But I refuse to go to the site to see if I'm right. I'd rather be surprised. At this point, the murderer is up for grabs.
billyweeds
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:02 am Reply with quote
Marj wrote:
Excellent Damages tonight. I have a few ideas about who killed Tom. But I refuse to go to the site to see if I'm right. I'd rather be surprised. At this point, the murderer is up for grabs.

The site wouldn't be telling anything yet.
marantzo
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:02 am Reply with quote
Trauma, unwatchable.
carrobin
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:28 am Reply with quote
What a night. First the two hours of "24," which made me wonder what they're going to do now that the major plot factors have been dealt with. Of course there are a few loose cannons still rolling around the deck. Then came "Castle," another charmingly satisfying murder investigation with a fun moment of Castle impersonating Indiana Jones. Then "The Daily Show" and "Colbert Report," and then "Damages." And then, to top things off, Craig Ferguson's introduction of his new sidekick, Jeff Peterson, the robot skeleton. (Now everybody's going to want one--has Stephen Colbert seen it yet?)
billyweeds
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:59 am Reply with quote
carrobin wrote:
Of course there are a few loose cannons still rolling around the deck.

That's putting it mildly. What about dealing with Dana/Jenny? How will the president handle the insurrection within her ranks? Not to mention the bomb. And the end of the entire series; Jack's relationship with Renee; Chloe's marriage; etc., etc., etc. The only way the plot can be called clear is if all you care about is Hassan.

But that was a shockeroony.
billyweeds
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Marj wrote:
Excellent Damages tonight.

One of the best ever, any season. And I can sense how the Frobisher plot may come to fruition, especially now that Ellen is thinking about David again.
billyweeds
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:04 am Reply with quote
The Good Wife was a downer, but well acted.
marantzo
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:34 am Reply with quote
billyweeds wrote:

I agree. Not up to par. I think they can dump that soap opera love triangle and send the kids off to a private school somewhere. We only see a short clip of the daughter, but that was more than enough. Of course who wouldn't know what the final decision of the jury was? Good thing I wasn't on that jury. The trial provided no evidence whatsoever that she didn't do it, and did I miss something or wasn't there any explanation on the accused's part about what had happened?
Marj
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I felt the same way as you and Billy did, when it was hinted at a few weeks ago. But then I tried to examine why they were doing this. If Peter is a guilty as we've been led to believe, that may be one reason. But even so, if she does leave him, allow her to begin a new relationship when the time is appropriate.

I think what disturbed me the most was the phone call she had in ear shot of her daughter.
Marj
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Oh and Btw, I'm going to watch the rerun of Damages again tonight. I watched at 1 AM and I know I missed a lot.
Marj
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:03 pm Reply with quote
marantzo wrote:
billyweeds wrote:

I agree. Not up to par. I think they can dump that soap opera love triangle and send the kids off to a private school somewhere. We only see a short clip of the daughter, but that was more than enough. Of course who wouldn't know what the final decision of the jury was? Good thing I wasn't on that jury. The trial provided no evidence whatsoever that she didn't do it, and did I miss something or wasn't there any explanation on the accused's part about what had happened?

I think there was, Gary. Basically what happened was what the defense stated. Of course we'll never know for sure if that's true, which is one reason I love this show.
billyweeds
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:49 pm Reply with quote
I didn't believe for a moment that if the judge had come into the jury room and made that announcement that at least one member of the jury wouldn't have protested that no, stop the presses, we...(those that saw the show know what would follow).