Letterman's show was repeats all week.

Handsome dogs, Befade.
marantzo
Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:54 pm Reply with quote
And very nice dogs.
Marc
Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Playin' with fire.

http://www.examiner.com/x-30363-Canada-Celebrity-Examiner~y2009m12d3-Will-Rolling-Stones-Ron-Wood-face-jail-time
carrobin
Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:49 pm Reply with quote
That's Ron Wood and his girlfriend? They look like Muppets.
Befade
Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:50 pm Reply with quote
I think 60 year olds should stick with 40 year olds.

SNL takes on Tiger:

http://www.examiner.com/x-22153-Cleveland-Pop-Culture-Examiner~y2009m12d6-Tiger-Woods-Saturday-Night-Live-video-skit-with-wife-Elin-is-popular-on-Hulucom

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Marc, I'm gonna call it. I know you were trying to get a response, and shock value is your thing, but the language you used (and to Marj - not that anyone deserves that) offends. I'm not a prude, but that word is the most vile and offensive to any woman, no matter how liberal she might be with the language. That was utterly uncalled for.

I'm actually shocked that no one spoke up.

And you wanna know why there aren't new people in here??

Last edited by lissa on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Happy belated, Wade - and good to see ya!

Now, my reason for posting at all, in catching up, was to address yambu's hatred of Life is Beautiful...first of all, I'm not sure one can hate a movie one hasn't seen.

But your aversion to it is what happened around the globe when the film came out. There were those who shunned it because they felt it made light of the horrific events of the Holocaust. But it states, from the start, that the film/story is a fairy tale. And in that vein, it continues to tell a story of beauty juxtaposed against the horrendous. That's the effectiveness of the film. At no time whatsoever did Benigni try to belittle or make light of the events that occurred there. Instead, he retold an oft-told story with a different, unique perspective that - in my opinion - actually augmented the atrocities instead of quashing them.

I respect your opinion of why you didn't see it; you were not alone. But I spoke with many of the survivors I'd interviewed, and those with whom I interacted on a daily basis when I worked at the Montreal Holocaust Memorial Center, and to a person, they loved the movie; to a person, no one was offended. They actually appreciated it.

But again, I'd love to hear your thoughts if you ever chose to see it - with this in mind (that it was never meant to offend, but states right out that it is a fable/fairytale)...you might find it palatable, if not enchanting...

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Marc, I'm gonna call it. I know you were trying to get a response, and shock value is your thing, but the language you used (and to Marj - not that anyone deserves that) offends. I'm not a prude, but that word is the most vile and offensive to any woman, no matter how liberal she might be with the language. That was utterly uncalled for.

I'm actually shocked that no one spoke up.

And you wanna know why there aren't new people in here??

Lissa, you're full of shit. I'm sick and tired of your holier than thou crap. Go school your kids not me.

The reason no one responded is because it wasn't taken seriously by anyone other than your humorless ass.

My comment to Marj, about the sweetest person in here, was so obviously a joke, intended to make fun of the lack of any semblance of moderation in here...which is fine for the most part. Several years ago I called for the banishment of a Third Eye member for the use of the word c*nt. So, my comment was also intended as an inside joke. I would never seriously use the word to describe anyone in here or anywhere. Mirgun and I had a conversation not long ago about what words really offended me. C*nt used as a swear word is at the top of my list.

Your pious horseshit has become unbearable. Not only in here, but on Facebook as well. Ignore me, please.
Marc
Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Here's what Lissa is referring to:

Quote:
Me: I wonder what you gotta do around here to make contact with a moderator?

Gary: Well, for Lorne you can post that Jews run the media and tell the government what to do. For Marty you can accuse him of being a closet Mormon cretin and for Wade tell him that all queers are perverted whiners.

That should rate a response.

Me: Nah. I'm going after a defenseless woman.

Hey Marj! You're a cunt!

Moderate this, motherfuckers!

Now you can argue that this may not be funny, but it clearly isn't to be taken seriously.
lissa
Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Marc: Good riddance.

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Lissa--Obviously Marc was not calling Marj a c**t. Obviously he was making a joke. Come on.
Marc
Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Lissa,

I can't defriend you here, but I did on Facebook. You've been hounding me for too long. Sayonara.
yambu
Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm with Lissa all the way on this one, and I'm sorry I didn't say so earlier.

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Let Marj speak for herself.

Marj and I are friends, both here and off site. She knows that I have nothing but affection for her. She's probably the only Third Eye member who I haven't gotten into a fight with. Therefore, my choosing her as the target of my attack is, to my mind, what made it so absurd. In addition, in the context of what Gary said before me, the joking nature of what I said should have been obvious to anyone.

I would say I'm sorry, but I'm not.

IT WAS A JOKE!
Marj
Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Hold on a moment. Marc, when and where did this take place? I'd like to see what happened in context.