Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Television  ~  Alternate Universes

sioux
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:37 pm Reply with quote
give me til next week to see what my work schedule is.
Earl
Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Earl wrote:

Did anyone here happen to catch the premiere of Being Human on BBC America last Saturday? They will rerun the pilot episode tomorrow night and then follow that with a new episode. The premise sounds intriguing:

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/369/being-human-about-the-show.jsp

I finally got around to watching the first two episodes, which I had recorded. I say with confidence that any fan of the Buffyverse who is also a BBC America subsciber (out of the people here, is that pretty much just me and Carrobin?) would enjoy this show. Equal parts drama and comedy; the supernatural/fantasy element; the smart, witty dialogue; and the metaphors, oh, the metaphors.

Folks, in just two installments this has become my favorite show on TV and will probably remain so until Mad Men starts its third season in a couple weeks. Being Human. Remember the title. Add it to your rental queues when Season One is released on DVD. Or call your local cable or satellite company and order BBC America.

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Please lend me your copy. By the way, hard not to get a chuckle out of quoting yourself!

-Topher
Earl
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:01 am Reply with quote
Joe Vitus wrote:
Please lend me your copy. By the way, hard not to get a chuckle out of quoting yourself!

Unfortunately, I recorded it using the cable box's DVR. (Still difficult not to say "taped" sometimes since it wasn't all that long ago I was still using actual tape.) I deleted the two shows right after watching them.

The quoting myself thing was gauche, granted. But it was just because the thread turned over a new page and I wanted the show not to be forgotten. The link in my original post provides some useful info about the premise of Being Human in case someone wants to jump in right away.

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quote
Did you guys know the Dollhouse DVD has an extra episode? Just read about it.

http://www.salon.com/ent/critics_picks/2009/08/07/dollhouse_dvd/

-Topher
Earl
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Joe Vitus wrote:
Did you guys know the Dollhouse DVD has an extra episode? Just read about it.

http://www.salon.com/ent/critics_picks/2009/08/07/dollhouse_dvd/

Yes. In fact, we discussed it back in May on the previous page of this thread. I provided a couple links of my own.

By the way, that Salon article needs a HUGE SPOILER warning. I got just a few sentences into it and learned WAY more than I wanted.

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:10 am Reply with quote
Prior to your posting, another letter had shown up there that reminded me of the discussion.

You really think they needed a spoiler? I don't even remember what they gave away.

-Topher
Earl
Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:36 pm Reply with quote
God, I love Being Human! Four episodes in and it's getting darker and more complex.

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:46 pm Reply with quote
what's it aboot -- when/where is it on?
inlareviewer
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:14 pm Reply with quote
ehle64 wrote:
what's it aboot -- when/where is it on?

It's aboot three twenty-somethings -- one girl and two guys -- who are, respectively, a ghost, a vampire and a werewolf, and it rocks. It's on BBC America, see their web site for schedule in your area. Season Two just finished filming in the UK. It's already developed considerably from the pilot (only partly due to recasting most of the principals), and the pilot was already plenty intriguing. Along with Nurse Jackie, easily my favorite new show from the 2008-2009 mid-terms.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/369/index.jsp

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Attn: Dollhouse fans

Season Two premieres tomorrow (Friday) night !

==================

Inlareviewer - Right there with you on Being Human. I was pleased to read in your post that Season Two has been filmed. The first season, only six episodes, seemed to go by in a flash. I couldn't devour it fast enough.

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Earl wrote:

==================

Inlareviewer - Right there with you on Being Human. I was pleased to read in your post that Season Two has been filmed. The first season, only six episodes, seemed to go by in a flash. I couldn't devour it fast enough.

Me as well. It's awfully darned good.

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:04 am Reply with quote
Earl wrote:

==================

Oh, I'm very happy. Is it at 7, our time?

-Topher
Joe Vitus
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:18 am Reply with quote
The Fox schedule site is terrible. It leasts hours but not time zones. Supposedly Dollhouse comes on at nine and a new show premieres at eight, nothing listed for seven. This must be for the eastern time zone.

-Topher
carrobin
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:54 am Reply with quote
Dollhouse is on at 9:00 here in NYC. And I'm glad you guys alerted me because otherwise I probably would have tuned to Bill Moyers as usual and not even thought about it.