Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Film Forums  ~  The Lobby

lissa
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
but all MY efforts seem to have come to nothing and, frankly, that is both discouraging and telling. i've never made any pretense to being popular in these quarters but being so roundly ignored on an issue that should be important to a film forum really ranckles...

We are the creators of the universe in which we live. Perhaps accepting responsibility for the manner in which we carry ourselves holds some secrets as to why you've been so roundly ignored.

Further discussion with a person who's already quit holds no value and will solve nothing for those of us willing to stay the course.

bocce - you're like flatulence; make a lot of noise, leave a bad smell, and then disappear.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:31 pm Reply with quote
lissa wrote:

bocce - you're like flatulence; make a lot of noise, leave a bad smell, and then disappear.[/color]

did you come up with that yourself or hear it elsewhere. either way i like it *wink*
bocce
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quote
listen, i think y'all have done great to have survived 5 years as an entity on the web. the life expectancy of the ordinary blog or website is about 6 months. so it speaks volumes about your coherence as a group...

i truly do wish all of you the best as you trundle on amongst yourselves but, honestly, knowing all of you as well as family, i'm bored (much in the same way that one loves his siblings but can't stand being around them any more)...

i hope you can understand this in the spirit it's intended. yeah, lissa is not my favorite sister but she's still family and i love her just the same...

but ,honestly guys, i'm seriously bored and, along with other issues in my business and personal life, i've gotta take another long break from y'all...

bye and best wishes...
Joe Vitus
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Take care, Bocce. Hope the other issues resolve and we meet up on the net again some time.

-Topher
Joe Vitus
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:21 pm Reply with quote
I do want to say to everyone here that I don't think the site is failing, falling, whatever you want to call it. There are lively discussions all over, and sometimes they are in movies, sometimes Election, or the television forums, or Books.

Right now we don't have someone opening up a discussion forum, that's all that's going on. And considering the people who can are away, that's not surprising.

I say chill, everything is fine.

-Topher
Marc
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Right now we don't have someone opening up a discussion forum

that's not true. I am opening up a forum and it starts next Wednesday.
If there is any disagreement about this, please let me know.
Earl
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Marc,

Thanks for posting the list of De Palma films. Although I took your advice and cut-and-pasted it, maybe it would be a good idea, once the new thread is active, to start the thread with that list. It would be an easy reference point to just go to page-1 of the De Palma thread.

Also, I'll make my usual suggestion here and ask that when it's time to change to the next movie on the list, perhaps an announcement about that could be made a few days in advance. Some of us are depending on Netflix or Blockbuster Online or some other online rental service which will require the DVDs to come through the mail.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Marc wrote:
Quote:
Right now we don't have someone opening up a discussion forum

that's not true. I am opening up a forum and it starts next Wednesday.
If there is any disagreement about this, please let me know.

I mean technically opening it. That's all we're waiting for, a moderator to open the forum. All we've been waiting for for the past month.

Last edited by Joe Vitus on Fri May 01, 2009 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

-Topher
Earl
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Well, crap. I just put Sisters at the top of my queue and the availability status is listed as "Very Long Wait." But I'll get it somehow.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Earl wrote:
Marc,

Thanks for posting the list of De Palma films. Although I took your advice and cut-and-pasted it, maybe it would be a good idea, once the new thread is active, to start the thread with that list. It would be an easy reference point to just go to page-1 of the De Palma thread.

Also, I'll make my usual suggestion here and ask that when it's time to change to the next movie on the list, perhaps an announcement about that could be made a few days in advance. Some of us are depending on Netflix or Blockbuster Online or some other online rental service which will require the DVDs to come through the mail.

I can lone you Phantom of the Paradise (you won't likely find it for rent). I'll be happy to send it round to people on the forums.

-Topher
Earl
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Joe Vitus wrote:

I can lone you Phantom of the Paradise (you won't likely find it for rent). I'll be happy to send it round to people on the forums.

Thanks. That would be much appreciated.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Phantom Of The Paradise DVD is available on Amazon for $9.98.
Befade
Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:00 am Reply with quote
bocce..........I am really averse to people taking out hostility on scapegoats. Lissa did not deserve your comment AT ALL! I just have to think you are having some emotional twists and going off in the wrong direction. I've been for De Palma all along. I never saw your mention of Greetings. I've never had anything against you. And sometimes I find it boring here, too.......In fact there's noone here but me who wants to discuss The Soloist......for one example.

Marc......I'd be happy to do something with Dressed to Kill.......(but it probably will be graded pedestrian even though I know the film well.)

I've seen Sisters and have been meaning to rewatch it. I'll try to get it.....I don't have a good memory for past viewings.

Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:07 am Reply with quote
Betsy will host DRESSED TO KILL.

Thank you Betsy.
Marj
Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:16 am Reply with quote
I just added Sisters and Phantom of the Paradise to my Netflix queue. On Netflix, they're both readily available.