Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Film Forums  ~  The Lobby

bocce
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:38 pm Reply with quote
since i'm on a roll and this is my final night...

for a group so insular with about 20 active members, how come no one has noticed or cared that jeremy has been absent for 2 months? he was a pretty prolific poster and no one missed him...
Kate
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 May 2004 Posts: 1397 Location: Pacific Northwest
bocce wrote:

for a group so insular with about 20 active members, how come no one has noticed or cared that jeremy has been absent for 2 months? he was a pretty prolific poster and no one missed him...

I don't know why I am answering you since you are being such a dick - but Jeremy let us know he was in New Zealand for the next few months and would not be online much.
Marc
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:43 pm Reply with quote
bocce,

I understand your frustration with the forum and I share it to a certain degree, but personal attacks like the one you made against lissa are beneath you. Attacking people on the internet doesn't take any courage. Why don't you post a photo of yourself and I'll tell you what I think.
lissa
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Not that I'd ever do anything to make you happy, bocce - but just for you...picture is changed.

Good riddance.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Kate wrote:
Jesus Bocce - shut up.

why, kate? i'm just talking "feelings"...(and/or perceptions)...

see, when it comes from marc (no offense), it's considered stream of consciousness "art"...from me, vitriole...be that as it may, i've been fed up for a long, long time...
Joe Vitus
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:50 pm Reply with quote
bocce wrote:

On the contrary, this was commented on. And further than that, the last time I met up with Earl, his abscence was one of the things we discussed.

-Topher
bocce
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:52 pm Reply with quote
lissa wrote:

Good riddance.

you know, that's the very thing i thought when you left over the mazda issue...
Marc
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:52 pm Reply with quote
bocce,

I've never attacked anyone in here for the way they looked.
Joe Vitus
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Bocce,

How is it you've missed all the posts Behind the Curtain where we ask what has happended to a missing forumite? These happen rather frequently. I'm not sure what's triggering your anger at the moment.

-Topher
Joe Vitus
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Marc wrote:
bocce,

I was just about to post that. You beat me to it. You've also never attacked anyone for a life they take pride in, as Lissa takes pride in being a mother.

-Topher
Joe Vitus
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote
But it's time for me to go watch Dollhouse.

-Topher
bocce
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Marc wrote:
bocce,

she looks fine...just dressed poorly...
Marc
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:07 pm Reply with quote
what is triggering bocce's anger is the same thing that has triggered mine in the past. This film society has been stuck in a rut. Its why we've lost members and can't attract new ones. As I've said, the signal to noise ratio has been way out whack. Having said that, its been a very long time since my anger has been directed at any one individual in this group. It's a collective malaise and I think if people were honest they'd recognize that this place has suffered from stagnancy. On a more positive note, we've been thru this before and it usually precedes a period of re-energizing. I hope we can accomplish that with the De Palma forum. I wish bocce would cool down and participate.

lissa, I wouldn't take bocce's comments too seriously. If they had been directed at me in the form of "listen you narcissistic washed-up fucking hippie why don't you get your fucking head out the 60s, take a reality check and join the rest of the world", the forum would have probably found it quite funny. But, seeing as you're so pleasant and all, his attack was pretty rough.
bocce
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:09 pm Reply with quote
and i'm not particularly disappointed by the forum indecision, actually, i expected it being a 14 year veteran...

i'm glad you've finally come to a consensus since i first brought it up last august. marc, you da man...nobody else could have pulled it together and, again, i wish you all the best...

but all MY efforts seem to have come to nothing and, frankly, that is both discouraging and telling. i've never made any pretense to being popular in these quarters but being so roundly ignored on an issue that should be important to a film forum really ranckles...
Marc
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:17 pm Reply with quote
bocce,

honest to god man, I don't think your attempt to kick start a De Palma stalled because it was you who was making the effort. I've been around as long as you have, pissed off as many people as you have and had as much trouble getting a consensus from the group as you would have. I just had more patience than you. I've never heard negative chatter about you behind the scenes. Never. People may dislike you or disagree with you at times, but ultimately I think they feel your part of the group. Now, as far as you wanting to continue to be part of this threadbare collection of underachievers, that's a whole other thing. But ignore you? That's impossible!