Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Archives - Specialty Forums  ~  Pay no attention...

mo_flixx
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:33 am Reply with quote
The bad news tenant actually paid his rent on time. Apparently he doesn't want to move out. Why should he...he lives in my cute little place. My lawyer and I would like him out (but we do not want to do an eviction thru the court). The lawyer has come up with the idea of weekly inspections by my security guy. I would imagine that this would put a damper on this young ski bum's activities. We shall see... Wish me luck.
lissa
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:08 am Reply with quote
WWTD? Wink

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:05 am Reply with quote
My cousin had a bad situation with a tenant when she had to move from NJ to NC upon her promotion to vice president of her company. She had a lovely one-bedroom apartment and rented it to someone who wouldn't pay the rent. It wasn't a physical danger, of course--she was in Charlotte, he was in Secaucus--but it was an ongoing hassle for more than a year.

My friend David took note of that in the 1980something recession and sold his condo at a slight loss rather than try to rent it.
mo_flixx
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:51 am Reply with quote
I've been a landlord for approx. 10 years. I've had some flakes and complainers as well as terrific renters. This is the first bad situation.
mo_flixx
Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:09 pm Reply with quote
My lawyer actually managed to find the ski bum tenant via cell phone on the mountain today. They will meet next week. I wish the ski bum would move...but I guess this is the best I can do. I can't wait until he finds out that a security guy is going to inspect the house every week! I really hope that will put a damper on further beer blasts.
ehle64
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:57 am Reply with quote
mo -- so mysterious, a hollywood past, a SECURITY agent??
mo_flixx
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:22 am Reply with quote
No...it's just a security guy. I live out in the middle of nowhere. I've used this alarm company for years. It's a one-man company, and the owner is very nice.

He even checks on all the dogs at my friend's kennel every night to see that they are OK.
bocce
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:19 pm Reply with quote
now, it's my turn to whine...

THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL and, goddamnit, THERE'S NO SUB 30'S WEATHER IN SOUTH CAROLINA...

WTF, we had an 11 degree wind chill this morning. while i know this doesn't really impress my yankee bretheren, i almost let the dog shit on the floor rather than walk her (and she's big) and that would have been one hell of a pile...

be that as it may, keep your weather where it belongs: in the rust bucket north...jesus, it's cold...
lissa
Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:48 pm Reply with quote
So strange...it was 75 degrees and sunny here in Montreal today!

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Hi, All.

Won't be around much for a few days due to the fact that I'm moving to a different apartment in Houston. I'm not sure when my DSL line will be installed at the new place, but it might be as late as a week from now. Anyway, I'll try to get the Blanche nominations in before I sign off.

[Boxes. They're everywhere.]

====================

Hi, Chilly.

Because of all the recent chores associated with the impending move, the Third Eye dues payment slipped my mind. Many apologies for that. It will be in the mail this weekend.

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Oh, and I ask again: Has anyone heard from Tirebiter? It seems strange he'd go so long without posting?

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for all the responses, deeply appreciated. Mo's posts strike a chord with me. My parents bought their house in 1961 on a $1,400 mortgage. At the time most people in the UK didn't have mortgages. We're now looking into the paperwork involved in renting out residential properties. We all have our own houses within a couple of miles of our parental home; its a large semi-detached property with four bedrooms on one of the main arterial roads going into the middle of Liverpool.
mo_flixx
Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Macca00 wrote:
Thanks for all the responses, deeply appreciated. Mo's posts strike a chord with me. My parents bought their house in 1961 on a $1,400 mortgage. At the time most people in the UK didn't have mortgages. We're now looking into the paperwork involved in renting out residential properties. We all have our own houses within a couple of miles of our parental home; its a large semi-detached property with four bedrooms on one of the main arterial roads going into the middle of Liverpool.

Just be very careful. As I said during my 10 years doing this, just one bad apple is not a bad average. I wish you luck with this endeavor.
mo_flixx
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote
This is my dog, Foxxy, a mutt who has a remarkable story of being saved from the jaws of a Rottweiler. It took Foxxy about a month to recover, baths every day, etc. My friends at the kennel saved him. When I saw him, it was love at first sight.
carrobin
Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:08 am Reply with quote
Looks like a great dog. Every so often I happen across Animal Planet on TV and get caught up in that show where the cops and ASPCA people rescue dogs and cats and whatever from horrible abusive situations. It's so good to see how the animals almost always recover and become lovable pets.

My sister and her husband rescued a puppy last year from the woods behind their house--she was emaciated and covered with ticks and fleas, crying and hiding out there, and it took my brother-in-law quite a while to bring her in. But now she's turning into something that looks like a great Dane and she's a bit spooky, but playful.