Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Third Eye Archives - Specialty Forums  ~  9th Annual Blanche Award NOMINATIONS

lshap
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 12 May 2004 Posts: 4246 Location: Montreal

lshap
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Choose your favourite for each category and email your pick directly - and very quietly! - to the appropriate tabulator:

Best Supporting Actor - Kate: kharrop@seagen.com

Best Supporting Actress - Jeremy: jeremyimoz@hotmail.com

Best Cinematography - Melody: Melody@hillcountrytx.net

Best Song - Nancy: npeay@hotmail.com

Best Score - Yambu: yambu2@comcast.net

Best Screenplay - Syd: sydh@ou.edu

Best Documentary - Whiskeypriest: Spaulsonesq@aol.com

Best Foreign Film - Ghulam: gfaruki@adelphia.net

Best Actor - Wade: ehle64@mac.com

Best Actress - Inla: davideo321@aol.com

Best Director - Chilly: marty@chillywilly.org

Best Picture - Billy: billyweeds@nyc.rr.com

Last edited by lshap on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
lshap
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Emails will be added soon...

Meanwhile, you can send your votes via this board's message system.

Yes, I have delayed the awards a couple of days due to the logistic delay in getting the nomination votes in until this evening. If this is a problem for many we can go back to this Friday, but it'll be tight...
chillywilly
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Competing with the Oscars, are we? I don't mind. We never had to worry about the Writer's Strike, even though it's over.

inlareviewer
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:44 pm Reply with quote
I absolutely LOVE that the Blanches will coincide with that other, um, film society, tee-hee. Another FABULOUS poster, Lorne.

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Having it coincide with that other show really wasn't the original plan, but I didn't get all the information in until this evening, and a Friday show wouldn't give us much time to vote and for me to make all the silly posters.
Syd
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12887 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
I'm voting by PM. By the way, you can sample the scores on Amazon.com and the songs are on Youtube.

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Yes, Lorne does amazing work, doesn't he? And to think in less than a week, we'll all be wooed again with the award show.... not to mention, the wit and humor-laced presentation Mr. LShap has to offer.

mo_flixx
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:21 pm Reply with quote
inlareviewer wrote:
I absolutely LOVE that the Blanches will coincide with that other, um, film society, tee-hee. Another FABULOUS poster, Lorne.

Thankfully I have a new laptop so I can take it into the Liv. Rm. and watch both shows simultaneously.

Come to think of it, that's 4 pm MT -- even Joan Rivers won't be on the red carpet at that hour.
chillywilly
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:37 pm Reply with quote
mo_flixx wrote:
inlareviewer wrote:

Thankfully I have a new laptop so I can take it into the Liv. Rm. and watch both shows simultaneously.

Come to think of it, that's 4 pm MT -- even Joan Rivers won't be on the red carpet at that hour.

Are you still liking your MacBook, Mo?

mo_flixx
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:40 pm Reply with quote
chillywilly wrote:
mo_flixx wrote:
inlareviewer wrote:

Are you still liking your MacBook, Mo?

I forgot to say that they'll still probably be hoisting up some part of Joan Rivers' anatomy at that hour.

Wink

Yes chills, I love my MacBook. I am having a great time working on digital photography and slideshows w/ music.
Earl
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Excuse me, but I couldn't help noticing that No Country for Old Men has received a nomination in the Best Score category. To paraphrase Roger Clemens, I think people maybe have "misremembered" or "misheard" something in the movie that wasn't there. Because I don't recall that the movie had a score. Wasn't this a deliberate choice by the Coen Bros, to make the movie with no music at all?

If this is the case, would it be possible to delete that nominee and replace it with whichever film finished sixth in the voting for that category?

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Earl wrote:
Excuse me, but I couldn't help noticing that No Country for Old Men has received a nomination in the Best Score category. To paraphrase Roger Clemens, I think people maybe have "misremembered" or "misheard" something in the movie that wasn't there. Because I don't recall that the movie had a score. Wasn't this a deliberate choice by the Coen Bros, to make the movie with no music at all?

If this is the case, would it be possible to delete that nominee and replace it with whichever film finished sixth in the voting for that category?

The imdb.com lists "Original Music by Carter Burwell." That sounds like a "score" to me.
inlareviewer
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quote
mo_flixx wrote:

I forgot to say that they'll still probably be hoisting up some part of Joan Rivers' anatomy at that hour.

Well, that eliminates my need for an appetite suppressant.

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 21 May 2004 Posts: 12887 Location: Norman, Oklahoma
Earl wrote:

Nope. People didn't misremember or mishear. We deliberately voted for a score which used very little music. (Not none.)