Third Eye Film Society Forum Index

<  Television  ~  It's Not TV -- It's HBO!

marantzo
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:49 am Reply with quote
Wade, did the S man not like it either?
ehle64
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:10 am Reply with quote
He said he might have watched a couple of episodes with his Mother, but he never really "watched" it as a show or series.

Ahhhh, how cute, our hatred of Seinfeld has been what's kept us together for 14 years.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Now I see. You and the S man are just pissed that they modeled the two creepy, criminal, threatening gay guys after you two.

Before you get insulted, I'm kidding.
Ghulam
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:33 pm Reply with quote
I did not care much for Seinfeld, but love Conchords. It grows on you.
ehle64
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:36 pm Reply with quote
marantzo wrote:
You and the S man are just pissed that they modeled the two creepy, criminal, threatening gay guys after you two.

Insulted? no way, you've met us b4, we ARE two creepy, threatening gay guys!
(if that makes us criminal, then that's just a groovy sidebar to the whole twisted affair)

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing
zzzzzzzzzz.....
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:04 pm Reply with quote
John, as a series bombed. There was no end but like it just stopped showing. I went through that with Carnivale and then the second season some stuff happened maybe its a new series thing?

I have had trouble getting into the concordes. That new series on SHO is on tonight. I think I will check that out.

Enterouge has comeback. I have interest in that again, what a slow start this year...

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone catch the new show Californication? It reminded me of the HBO series The Mind of a Married Man. Both of those series have the same problem.
1) Those that choose to be in a singular relationship for the most part would not make the dumb choices the people on the show make. Or they would not be in a singular relationship very long.
2) Those who choose not to be in a singular relationship would feel none of the angst or the consequences for said choices. They would have others consequences but not those detailed in the show.
I think in the end it make for very limited apeal.

But that's me....

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:26 am Reply with quote
HBO cancels Man From Cincinnatti.

High time! What a collection of screaming and cussing oddballs!
billyweeds
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:39 am Reply with quote
Ghulam wrote:

What about John from Cincinnati? Is that still on?

In any case, I agree with you about the series. It annoyed the hell out of me.
chillywilly
Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:59 am Reply with quote
Ghulam wrote:

I caught an episode of John From Cincinnati the other night and was highly unimpressed.

unohoo
Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:22 pm Reply with quote
zzzzzzzzzz..... wrote:
John, as a series bombed. There was no end but like it just stopped showing. I went through that with Carnivale and then the second season some stuff happened maybe its a new series thing?

I have had trouble getting into the concordes. That new series on SHO is on tonight. I think I will check that out.

Enterouge has comeback. I have interest in that again, what a slow start this year...

Entourage I think was suffering from the Medelin storyline. Once they broke away from that crap, the show started doing what it does best. The only thing they I didn't like, was that it seemed like they just dropped a few storylines cold.

As far as Flight of the Concords, the only way it reminds me of Seinfeld is that it's set in NYC, and the guys just seem to roam about and get into situations.

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Entourage I think was suffering from the Medelin storyline.

Unohoo, just to nitpick, it is spelled Medellin. My girlfriend lives there. I guess Entourage takes place quite a while ago because Medellin has been completely cleaned up. They only have the normal amount of crime now. Actually a little less.
zzzzzzzzzz.....
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:17 pm Reply with quote
It does not surprise me it is not comming back as there was no there there.

JACKSON, Mich. - Austin Nichols, the title character in HBO's "John From Cincinnati," was arrested early Friday on suspicion of drunken driving.
The 27-year-old actor was stopped by police about 2:40 a.m. after being spotted driving a silver Mercury Mountaineer the wrong way down a one-way street in the city, said Jackson police Lt. John Holda.
An officer smelled alcohol and, after conducting sobriety tests, took Nichols into custody. A breath test later indicated he had a blood-alcohol content of 0.10 percent, Holda said.
The legal limit for drivers in Michigan is 0.08 percent.
Nichols, who also appeared in "Deadwood," was held at the Jackson County Jail and released about 8:40 a.m., said Jackson County sheriff's Lt. Carl Carmoney. He wasn't arraigned and was expected to appear in court at a later date.
If convicted of drunken driving, Nichols could face up to 93 days in jail, a $500 fine and community service.
A call seeing comment Friday from Nichols' publicist was not immediately returned.
The Jackson Citizen Patriot, which reported the arrest Friday, said Nichols has been living at nearby Clark Lake this summer. Jackson is located about 65 miles west of Detroit.
HBO said earlier this month that "John From Cincinnati," a surfer drama co-created by "Deadwood" executive producer David Milch, will not return for a second season.

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Season finale of Big Love. It continues to be the most absorbing quality program since the Sopranos.

The Flight of the Conchords continues to be quite amusing.